Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good moring guys

picking up a '99 lude this week with 150k for a pretty good deal - is there anything i should look for that may need to be serviced

little bit of my honda history

had two s2000s since 01 (had an 01 and then an 04) both were great cars and i modified them but only electronics and areo kits had to sell them so i could buy my first house - i remain pretty active in the New England section of ****

Thanks again for any insight
Steve

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
you probably wanna do the regular maitenence if they haven't already been done such as

-Timing Belt
-Spark Plugs
-Plug wires
-Fuel Filter
-Cap and Rotor
-Valve adjustment
-Oil change
-Water Pump
-Clean EGR valve
-Clean IAC valve

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Prelude1897 said:
you probably wanna do the regular maitenence if they haven't already been done such as

-Timing Belt
-Spark Plugs
-Plug wires
-Fuel Filter
-Cap and Rotor
-Valve adjustment
-Oil change
-Water Pump
-Clean EGR valve
-Clean IAC valve
That about sumarizes all.... also ... make sure to clean the radiator.. there is a little trick you'll love. Power Lestoil (half a bottle) with water into the radiator. It will work as if you didn't do nothing, ;) and won't rust your car... after a few days, flush the system leaving the top hose off and you'll see all that dirt and rust come right out. ;)

my 0.02 cents :btu

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do a compression test and leak down test to determine the condition of the engine. h22s love to burn oil so make note of that. the h22 auto tensioner is a piece of $Hit so while your changing your timing belt, might as well convert to a manual tensioner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.