Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy that did my motor swap told me some good news today. He ran his friends 95 LS last night and he has port and polished head plus i/h/e and he beat him with my car, but he was powershifting and the other boy wasnt so that is good news tomorrow we are putting my exhaust on and then for my test drive. Oh, what is the redline on a B16A2??

· Registered
1,081 Posts
97CIVICoupe said:
8000rpm on the b16a2.. Lot of people say 8200, but the OEM tach shows 8000..
well oh my and my GF's car the oem tach bounce off the fuel cut at 8500rpm
but her max rpm showen on the vafc was 8200 :rolleyes: think what you like, but fuel cut off is at 8200

sides honda tach's are knowen for being off 200-500 rpm sad part is, is that honda gauges are
one of the more acurate oem gauges

· Registered
3,081 Posts
trentdx said:
but her max rpm showen on the vafc was 8200 :rolleyes: think what you like, but fuel cut off is at 8200

sides honda tach's are knowen for being off 200-500 rpm sad part is, is that honda gauges are
just what i was about to say. ALL tachs are off by a couple hundred rpm. Congrats on the swap though

PS...non-tech ;)

· Registered
222 Posts
since we're on the topic of MotorSwaps, i had a question cuz im still unsure. For a JDM swap, is this SMOG LEGAL?? im in california and wasnt clear if this is still able to be done. we really get the shaft here if thats the case :( thanx for the info though

· Registered
3,081 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Last I heard/read, JDM motors are illegal in CA. You will not pass legitimate smog tests simply because the motor is JDM.
correct they aren't smog legal in CA

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
trentdx said:

The redline is 8000 RPM, the stock needle will actually go to about 8300 before it cuts you off, but the stock tach is off by about 300RPM. My Vafc reads 80xx when my fuel cuts me off, I have never hit 8100RPM on the vafc.

· Registered
566 Posts
How much did the swap cost you? installation and all, and what all did you get besides the motor? mounts, axles, ecu, etc...

Looking at gettin a civic like yours, just want to know what all is going to be into doing the swap, especially the inst. costs.

Thanks

Email: [email protected]

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got the whoole swap for $2610 and that includes shipping from texas to VA. I also had to get a transmission mount and a GSR computer. The mount cost me $60 bucks and my friend is still looking for a GSR computer, he took his girlfirneds out of her car and ran it in mine but he had to put it back of course. i gave him $400 to do it.

· Registered
566 Posts
so your swap came with axles, shift linkage, and all that? You said it was a b16a2 right? Why did you have to get a GSR ECU? And where did you get the trans. mount? You are a good friend of this guy I asume. Probably charging less for you, right? How come you didn't need mounts? Unless your swap came with them...I need a lot of info on this...Sorry so many questions...

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i had to get a GSr ecu b/c my car is OBD I so i needed an OBD I ecu and the B16A2 comes with a OBD II ecu. I got the transmission mount from the honda dealership. The transmission mount is the only mount you need, the others that are in there from fractory will work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.