Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
The Kumho 712's are a good inexpensive tire for this application IMO as long as the water never freezes under them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Best bang for the buck is always Kumho. If you are looking at an auto-x/race tire, the v700 is excellent. they were only $115 each for 225/50/15.

for a street/auto-x tire, the 712 is good.

Kumho always makes the more affordable tires in their category. and the quality is up to par with everybody else.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
wuwarrior said:
Best bang for the buck is always Kumho. If you are looking at an auto-x/race tire, the v700 is excellent. they were only $115 each for 225/50/15.

for a street/auto-x tire, the 712 is good.

Kumho always makes the more affordable tires in their category. and the quality is up to par with everybody else.
for autocross street tires, kumho doesnt offer anything fast.

·
Registered
281 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
for autocross street tires, kumho doesnt offer anything fast.
I agree... but for the price, it is the best.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
wuwarrior said:
I agree... but for the price, it is the best.
Hmm, i disagree again.

Falken Azenis. My last set was under 300 dollars total, 205-50VR15

Thats cheaper than 712s, and they have FAR more grip

·
Registered
58 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
Hmm, i disagree again.

I have to agree with that.

·
Registered
281 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
Hmm, i disagree again.

where did you find a set of 4 alzenis for 300?

too bad they don't come in my size :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
I believe we've heard this debate before - he was just looking for agressive street tires. The 712's are not only less expensive than the Azenis but they last much longer.

If he had said competition or autocross, that would have been my recommendation.

Has anyone heard anything about the Ectsa MX yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
wuwarrior said:

??? I paid $62 for my 205/50-15 at a Discount Tire store this past December 28th. $309 mounted, balanced and taxed!! :D Best Deal of my life!!!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
shorthand said:
I believe we've heard this debate before - he was just looking for agressive street tires. The 712's are not only less expensive than the Azenis but they last much longer.

If he had said competition or autocross, that would have been my recommendation.

Has anyone heard anything about the Ectsa MX yet?
The Azenis were cheaper than my 712s in 205/50x15"

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
wuwarrior said:

I got 'em for cheaper than that and they were just delivered yesterday!

http://www.vulcantire.com/

$63. per tire total was $252. and $29. shipping... I ordered them Tuesday this week and they just showed up yesterday at 11AM.

Great site, great company and great prices, not to mention very quick... And BTW Discount tire direct told me that they were going to phase out the 205/50/15 tire selection based on weak sales... I tried there first but, got 'em faster and cheaper from Vulcan...

Good luck,

A.

PS they don't offer your size for the Azenis but, they do offer the Pirelly P7000, Falken 451, 502 and 512 Ziex and the Avon ZZ-1...

PPS the Azenis is really a dry traction max grip tire and if that's not what you want especially for the limited treadwear then, I do suggest the Khumo 712's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts