Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas long time no post!!!!

Thats cause im writing to you guys from afghanistan!!! thats right!!! im coming home in april..

one good thing about being here is that i saved roughly $3,000 and some change..

i am planning to go forced induction but i dont know which route to go.. i wanna use the mods i have now in conjuction with the new route i wanna take. i wan thinkning about a jacksojn racing supercharger... i can get one used on ebay or the partstrader for around $1,500-1,700. i know i will need a new clutch but dont know which one to get.. alos what will i need to get with the charger??? fuel pump? injectors?? i plan on ru nning the stock psi for the charger so i dont know if thats gonna help.. i also was told im gonna need a fuel map unit or some shit like that... what exactly comes with the charger?? what will i need to buy extra for it.. how much am i looking at to get this thing installed.. anyone know a good site that i can get all this stuff..

here is my other question. if i decide to go greddy turbo what will i need with that? i can get one off of groupbuycenter brand new for 2,300.. i know i will need a new clutch also.. what else would i need for it? i will also plan on running this on its stock psi if i go this route.. i have seen these used for cheaper but wouldnt dare get one used because of reliability reasons. any help would be appreciated.. and if you can show me your setups i would appreciate it also.

Eddie

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think JR makes a quality product, they can't boost as high as a turbo...but with a b16...shit I think you said you had a SI...anyway with a b16 you don't want to boost that much becuase it's already got high compresion. So get the JRSC and buy and a Zdyne gold/silver ecu (650-1050) and a set of 450cc injectors (350) and a higher volume fule pump. Don't know if your familar with Zdyne but the silver comes preprogramed with a tune make for a superchaged b16 or what ever engine you have. The gold can be programmed via a labtop and a dyno to get every ounce of power you can out of it. Good luck...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't listen to the guy saying that you shouldn't trubo the b16 because of high compression. Talk to mat3t4 on here. He will tell you that the b16 can be made into a monster with all stock internals. He ran like low 12's with like 15 psi of boost. All without taking the engine apart at all. I think with a RevHard kit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you wana save your reliablity then don't run 15psi...if you wana have an engine that might be gone in 30000 thousand miles or less then go ahead.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have had two turbo GSR's, and one 91 CRX with ZC, built internals, and JRSC @ 10PSI. Now I have a twin turbo..

I have to say I was allways happier with TURBO!

It has more potention and can be adjusted on the fly for given conditions where as the SC is static.

Never had any trouble with the JRSC, but much happier with the output of turbo than SC. And who can resist the BOV?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
By the way, Mat3t4 ran his for 2 yrs daily driven on 15 psi of boost and will tell you it is all in the tuning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
go for the turbo. first off you'll get it BRAND NEW. and the s/c would be used. which could come with problems, and end up costing you more. with the turob you'd need a stronger clutch, nothing drastic, maybe a clutch master's stg.2-3. the greddy kit comes with 310cc or 330 cc injectors, fmu (blue box) and pretty much everything you'll need. boost gauge, tt extra.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx guy's!!!

ok... here is the deal.. i havent installed anything on my car!!!! how hard is it to put in the greddy kit on my si????

anyone know where i can get the cheapest one on the net... groupbuy??? ebay??? thepartstrader???? any info will be greatly appreciated..

should i just fork over the cash and get it done professionally?

exactly what clutch should i get??? stage 2 or 3??

do i need a flywheel????

how much am i looking at to get the turbo installed and the clutch at the same time???

di i need to get the intercooler off the bat???? or can it wait???

is my skunk2 cam gears gonna do me any good along with my apexi v-afc or should i sell them both and put the stock gears back on????

will i need to dyno tune the turbo??

what other items are highly suggested for me to buy and get installed at the same time as the turbo or after word( bov, waistgate, etc.etc

any other info will be greatly appreciated!!!

ythanx guys!

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not bad to install. The hardest part is drilling and tapping the oil pan for the oil supply line to the turbo compresser. Other than that if your the least bit mechanically inclined, you can install it....plus you will learn a lot about your car.

1. I would suggest you get a BOV....I've got a Greddy Type S, but it needs a flange to be welded to the intake tube.

2. Get the largest intercoller you can get NOW! It'll be easier to install and if your car is a daily driver you need it to make sure everything stays cool.

3. I've got a Clutchmaster Stage III and lightweight flywheel too. The clutch has enough holding power and the flywheel helps the turbo lag, so it spools up quicker. I would stick to name Big name brands with clutches and flywheels...ACT, Clutchmasters, JUN, Comptech, etc.

4. Your timing gears are fine, cause you'll have to set the timing back a couple of degrees.

5. You'll also need colder spark plugs....NGK BKR7, are what I have.

6. I would also up grade my ignition. I haven't done that yet. But it's in future plans.

Other than that I can't think of anything else

Anyway, if you need anymore help give me a'hoolar!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

hey man thanx alot bro!!!! i appreciate it.. if you kow a website with some puics and a detailed how to i would apprecitae it also bud!!!!
thanx
eddie

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can fax (if you have a fax) you the instructions for my GSR....probably similar, but you can look at it to get a feel for the install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts