Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas long time no post!!!!

Thats cause im writing to you guys from afghanistan!!! thats right!!! im coming home in april..

one good thing about being here is that i saved roughly $3,000 and some change..

i am planning to go forced induction but i dont know which route to go.. i wanna use the mods i have now in conjuction with the new route i wanna take. i wan thinkning about a jacksojn racing supercharger... i can get one used on ebay or the partstrader for around $1,500-1,700. i know i will need a new clutch but dont know which one to get.. alos what will i need to get with the charger??? fuel pump? injectors?? i plan on ru nning the stock psi for the charger so i dont know if thats gonna help.. i also was told im gonna need a fuel map unit or some shit like that... what exactly comes with the charger?? what will i need to buy extra for it.. how much am i looking at to get this thing installed.. anyone know a good site that i can get all this stuff..

here is my other question. if i decide to go greddy turbo what will i need with that? i can get one off of groupbuycenter brand new for 2,300.. i know i will need a new clutch also.. what else would i need for it? i will also plan on running this on its stock psi if i go this route.. i have seen these used for cheaper but wouldnt dare get one used because of reliability reasons. any help would be appreciated.. and if you can show me your setups i would appreciate it also.

Eddie

· Registered
2 Posts
SUP I JUST SAW YOUR ADD AND THOUGHT I WOULD TRY TO HELP. FIRST LET ME SAY THANKS FOR THE HELP OVER THERE AND THEN HERE WE GO.... IF YOU GO WITH EITHER THE TURBO OR CHARGER , YOU WILL ONLY NEED TO UPGRADE THE FUEL TO RUN MORE THAN 6PSI. ANY MORE AND YOU WILL NEED NEW INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMP. INSTALATION ON THE TURBO IS FARELY SIMPLE , IF YOU WANT TO HALLA AT ME AT MY EMAIL I WILL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS( [email protected] ) BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND LETTING SOMEONE ELSE PUT THE CHARGER ON IF YOU GO IN THAT DIRECTION. IF YOU GO TURBO THE ONLY MUST IS THE BLOW OFF VALVE BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT TO WARP YOU TURBINES. HALLA AT ME WITH THE QUESTION IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE, PEACE JAG

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
The greddy kit comes with a lot of the stuff you will need. Don't forget an intercooler though...That will run you about 7-900.

I am also going to go with FI this summer, but I think I may go with the jackson. I think on stock internals it is safer.

Try posting in the tubo and supercharger forum, they have all the info you need there.

· Registered
292 Posts
You could get the kit with intercooler for ~$2975 shipped...I got the GReddy kit on my Si and I am loving every minute of it. I'm just running stock boost at 5.5psi with the blue box...no problems so far. Oh yeah, everything else is stock on my car. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.