Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure where to put this so i put it here

ok so i got a ticket for not having my license plate securely fastened to my front bumper, but instead i have it attached to my passenger side sun visor... which is always down displaying the plate.

my question is, is this a fix-it ticket that i can get away scot-free with no fines? or will i still have to pay a fine?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
you can more than likly put it on your bumper and go to court like that and they will let it go

·
Registered
680 Posts
If you decide not to go to court then you just mount the plate on your bumper and show the cops and they sign off on it then you pay your ticket. it doesn't put any points or anything on your liscense, and the last time I got a fix-it ticket it was only like 35 bux.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
usually in NY if you get a ticket like that you'll have to mount it properly, take some pictures and then go to court and in most cases you pay a reduced fine.
in some cases you dont have to pay at all. it all depends on the judge.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would think it would be the worst fine here in Cali (everything usualy is). Here its just a fix it ticket. Which means it costs nothing, but the prossesing fees, which if I remember correctly is only $10. It could have changed but I dought it. Mabye someone that has gotten one latley could pop in. All we have to do here is put the plate on right, take it to a CHP station and have them sign off the ticket. You pay the $10, and your done. Its not a big deal.

There so dumb too. My friend got that ticket with his Type R went to the station had it signed off, then he took it off right there in the inspection parking space, put the plate in the trunk and drove away.

Matt

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why is it mounted there any way lol
because i didn't want to drill into my mugen bumper cover. when i blew a $1700 wad to get it, paint it, and mount it, i really didn't feel like drilling into it for a fcuking license plate, when most states dont even require you have them around here.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have gotten pulled over with my plate stuffed between the dash and the front window all the way over to the passanger side. Cops never gave me anything for it, or even complained. You shoud try that.

Matt

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats basically what i have done,except i got tired of it rattling against the window. but this cop just had it out for me i guess...he pulled a u-ie at 5:26 pm (middle of rush hour) on a busy 4 lane street, then sat behind me t a stop light with lights and sirens on while i was eating a sandwich. he kept comping on the loudspeaker saying "i am waiting for you, sir." fcuking ass

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Get the Free Masonary to take the cop out. J/K. Mine doesnt rattle at all. Pad it some how. Or just really shove it in there like I did. I guess they think that you might be able to flip it up and down, to hide it if you wanted. I dont know, but that sucks. I hate the plate on the front so much.

Matt

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get the Free Masonary to take the cop out. J/K.
thought about that :D , but usually it keeps me out of tickets in the first place, i know alot of cops that are masons.
Pad it some how. Or just really shove it in there like I did. I guess they think that you might be able to flip it up and down, to hide it if you wanted. I dont know, but that sucks. I hate the plate on the front so much.
i think this guy got his first car and he wanted to be a dick. he acted like he was on a power trip, all high and mighty like. funny thing is i've been pulled over for speeding quite a bit, and even asked hwy patrolmen if its legal, and they said it was a pretty good idea. this is the second cop who's ever given me shit about it, the first one just gave me a warning, but i was getting pulled over for speeding

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dude, heres what id do. Zip tie it to your mesh. Get it cleared. And it should really cost you anything but your time (and a few dollars for processing fees), which sucks ass, but better then paying out the ass for a speeing ticket or something. Once you have it cleared, cut that shit off the mesh and put it back where it was.

Matt

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont have any mesh, or i would have done it already, i think i may just velcro it to the bumper(i have industrial velco, the kind you sticka person to the wall with :)), take a picture and go up there.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
There might be a chance that it could rip the paint off, when you try and take it off. Well with your Mason thing see if one of those cops will sign it off and just leave it where its at. You never know, they might do it for you.

Matt

·
Registered
626 Posts
importrcr00 said:

I have mine on my mesh. Havn't had a problem yet.
you're lucky you got a nice grill like that so it fits right in....
my 4 door dont got it.. :(

but someone once told me that it can prevent adequate ventillation, so in warmer temperatures the radiator has to work a little harder... does it hold any water?

and why do certain states require it and others dont?
id just like to get the reasoning behind having it in the front, besides the fact that it looks like crap on most modern cars..... :confused

·
Registered
693 Posts
you should just make a bracket that bolts under or near the bumper support and have it come out over the side of the bumper with some foam around the plate so it does not scratch the paint.

·
Registered
626 Posts
stjohnscrx said:
you should just make a bracket that bolts under or near the bumper support and have it come out over the side of the bumper with some foam around the plate so it does not scratch the paint.
I actually tried to look for that bracket at my local canadian-tire and walmart.... cant seem to find one

Anyone know how much they would go for at the dealer?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts