Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im sure u seen my other post about my car being stolen.I got a new car yesterday its a db1...i think thats a 91 sedan.wasent a really big fan of those but wat i paid for it i couldnt pass it up.clean white exterior,jdm 1 peice headlights,vis oem carbon fiber hood,tokico coilover suspension,17's(putting my flat fives back on),real recaro seats,complete nrg quick realease setup,stock b16 with basic h/i/e,exedy stg.2 clutch, and clean tittle.all it needs is new carpet.only paid 3k for it.i was goin 2 use the 3k to tubo my previous car.nothin like a dc2 but this will due for right now.its ugly out but wen it get better ill post pics.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Well im sure u seen my other post about my car being stolen.I got a new car yesterday its a db1...i think thats a 91 sedan.wasent a really big fan of those but wat i paid for it i couldnt pass it up.clean white exterior,jdm 1 peice headlights,vis oem carbon fiber hood,tokico coilover suspension,17's(putting my flat fives back on),real recaro seats,complete nrg quick realease setup,stock b16 with basic h/i/e,exedy stg.2 clutch, and clean tittle.all it needs is new carpet.only paid 3k for it.i was goin 2 use the 3k to tubo my previous car.nothin like a dc2 but this will due for right now.its ugly out but wen it get better ill post pics.
congrats bro! glad you to see you didnt give up the honda game. especially having two cars stolen! sounds like a good deal, cant wait to see the pics. i love the 4drs, i have a db8 and wouldnt mind collecting a da8.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Get a fuel cutoff switch installed this time!

Or chip immobilizer if you've got the cash or can get your insurance to subsidize it (Usually about $350).

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wat does subsidize mean.I'll get a alarm for sure this time.i know its some plug u can take off,its under the hood and on the left fender.u take that out and the car will jus crank but not start.u know what im talking about.has anybody ever hear of sombody steeling a a car with a quick release steering wheel

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Subsidize means they'll make it cheaper by covering some of the cost. My insurance company paid for my computer chip immobilizer because it was on their list of top 100 stolen vehicles, and they figure they'll save money in the long run by making sure they won't have to cover write-offs from theft.

Quick release steering wheel is one way, I don't know how long it takes to make another wheel work, or how many unique splines/keys there are.

The immobilizer or hidden switch that cuts the circuit from the Main relay to the fuel pump is a pretty surefire way of theft proofing the car.....minus thieves flat-bedding it.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
minus thieves flat-bedding it?...man u keep saying stuff to me that i have no clue about...lol.but i do appreciate the advise.and i cant stay out da honda game.both hondas i had treated me so good.reliability is top notch.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
lol...a flat bed is what the big semi's trail behind them. Usually they have the big box trailers, but sometimes it's just a flat trailer...people haul bikes/cars on them?

Anywho, not many thieves are going to pick up a Honda like ours, and place it on a flat-bed to haul it away lol.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a lil off subject,didnt want to start a whole new thread...a dude i know jus turboed his car.he says its not tuned tho.its a b16 head and gsr block.i dont know internals or if he even has any but can u jus turbo a car and drive it like that?

· Registered
4,633 Posts
If the turbo kit was just put on without any fuel delivery mods or an ECU tune, then he's gonna blow up soon enough. If he has some fuel mods or a generic mail-in tune, he'll last a bit longer, but it'd still be a ticking time bomb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.