Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired *********
2,995 Posts
I'd just take the ticket and pay it off. It's not a moving violation so it's not like it will be points on your license or raised insurance rates. If you want to fight it, it's up to you to take that chance. Keep on mind that if you lose, you will have to pay more in court fees + the ticket.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i would have put my foot in his ass, yo give me his badge number, imma go put mah foot in his ass, wat part of queens, how far from astoria, imma put my foot in his ass, here i go

·
Retired *********
2,995 Posts
When I went to court for my speeding ticket, i got bagged for doing 80 in a 55. I went and made a plea, and they knocked it down to a failure to yield. I spoke to some guy that made me the deal and he was dealing with all the people. Once I agreed to the new charges I went up infront of the judge and was read what I got...3 points on my license and a fine of 150 bux, +30 more for going to court because I pleaded not guilty. It will probably be only one day of court if you straighten it all out, like settle on something maybe a lesser charge or dropping the charge. For something that small the officer probably won't show up.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i dont know about in NYC, but thats bullshit. Down here there are ordinance limits, but i have fought them before becuase from i think 8am to 10pm there are boroug regs with noise ordinances. in NYC i dont see how they can make that an issue. Usually asshole cops only do that in pretty suburbs

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ha queens, friend of mine just got a ticket for the muffler being to loud...
what u drive red supra?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the cop didn't have a meter to measure the sound coming from your car then just let the judge know that, and now the cop ticket is questionable. The cop could have been having a bad day and just wrote the ticket for simply that alone. If you have a system, the bass travels farther than the music as a whole, so he might have heard the bass and considered it to loud which is stupid becuz New York is the loudest city in the US. I don't think a little bass would be a major change in NYC atmosphere.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
if he doesnt have an accurate DB reading, its null i think . I got pulled over in my R one night. The cop was bneing a prick and decided to tell my my exhaust was too loud. I said how loud is too loud? He couldnt answer what his indication of too loud in Decibal ratings was . I told him to ticket me and Ill see his ass in court. He let me go.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
youd be suprised. I know Cops in PA are assholes. They show upfor everything. At least for me they do. lol. Try it though. If worse comes to worse plea he had no DB measurement and its his opinion its too loud rather then actually knowing if its ouver the 110-120 db ordinance or whatever it is in that area

·
Registered
174 Posts
Your sound sytem ticket will most likely be dismissed if it was your first one and if the Judge is cool. I know when I got one a few years back the judge lined everyone who had noise pollution tickets up and said I am pretty sure people don't want to hear what's on your radio so keep it down. then he said how would you like it if I drove down your street with my car radio loud. Stupid me I said, "Well as long as it isn't polka music I have no problem with that!, he laughed and said to everyone ok now get out I don't want to see you again".

As for your park ticket Idon't know about that one I think that you are going to have to pay the fine unless you have a good reason for being in the park at that time.

Oh and alway fight the ticket just don't go and pay it like everyine has been saying because you never know it might get dismissed or reduced. Either way it's a day's pay when you look at it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts