Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am cruising home today through IL and I see a highway patrol officer in the median of the Interstate. Of course I check my speed and I am crusing at a safe 5 MPH over. He takes off out of his spot after I am about a mile down the road. I think nothing of it. All of the sudden my radar detector starts buzzing and going nuts and next thing I know his lights are flashing in my rear view mirror. I pull over and turn my car off very quickly. He comes up to the window and asks me to step out of the car. The other 15 or so cars I was traveling home with all pull off into the nearby rest stop and wait for me. The cop wants to search my car! I let him just to entertain him and of course he finds nothing, and then he starts flipping out about my plates! He calls them in and everything thinking they are fake. After about 10 minutes of getting chewed out for having these plates he slaps a $197 for my plates, $166 ticket for tint, $277 for my television, and $89 for my headlamps on the dash of my car and said I should leave his state! What the fuck did I do? Hello court of appeals.

·
Registered
184 Posts
fucking pathetic pig.

that's just bullshit.
you wanna hear the worse thing ive heard a cop say to me b4?
"You see your steering wheel there? Honda made it that size. If you got a smaller steering wheel, you'd be able to turn the wheel so much that your tires would be facing sideways."
I swear to god he said that.

I just couldnt even get it thru my head that he was so dumb.

anyways hope you get proper treatment.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
what was wrong with your plates? Tints I can understand,UNLESS your tints were legal in Iowa they should be ok if you got Iowa plates on in other state. Because i know someone who has moved over from Indiana to Illinois and he had Indiana Plates and dark tints and cops didnt do anything to him until he switched to IL Plates.

And unless your TV was in a spot where you (the driver) can see then its illegal.

And what headlamps on your dash?

Just take his sorry ass to court.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i don't believe you can get a ticket for tv unless its mounted somewhere that obstructs your view or distracts you. if its in your dash it should be fine. the liscense plate thing is BS!!! and the tint thing, did he break out the light thing that test tint? if not he can't just give you a ticket upon assumption can he? and what do you mean by headlamps on the dash of your car? oh yeah and you can also get a ticket for tv is its playing a movie or somethin like that while you're driving. thats why most of them have the e-brake sensor that only allows you to play movies when the brake is up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hate stories like this! You weren't doing anything and then a cop decides to hand out all kinds of irrelevant BS tickets. Those tickets will all be thrown out in court. I wouldn't pay a single one. If you were going through IL their tint laws do not apply to you because your car is not registered in that state. Next is the tag. How can your tag be offensive if the state of Iowa let you have it! Your tag is legal. They have the right to reject obscene requests for tags. The ticket for the TV is BS too. Could he prove that you were watching a movie? How did he know it wasnt for Navigation purposes? Where the head lamps on the dash on? You can have whatever you want on your dash as long as it doesnt obstruct your view. I see people with a ton of damn stuffed animals on the dash and if that doesnt obstuct your view then I dont know what will. If I were you I would fight it to the end no matter how long it takes.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you get stopped and ticketed for a bunch of BS stuff, it's called "stacking charges." The cops usually do this because they're pissed at you for some reason or another (did you say anything or be a smartass?)

It's tough to fight these when the DA or Judge sees a ton of stacked charges... they know why the cops write them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had my run in with the cops several times...All I have to say is....FVCK PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My girlfriend's brother plate says "muv ovr 2" (move over). I think that's more offensive than yours and he doesn't have a problem with that.

Just to let you know, tint and TVs (in driver's view) are illegal in Illinois. This has been talked about in Chicago news several times.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, I should have clarified better. The cop called the headlamps on my dash my gauge's because they lit up. I guess pillar gauges are illegal because they can obstruct view and oncoming traffic. The television is located in the OEM location in my dash, and it was flipped out when I was pulled over, but no movie was being played through it. Yea, the tints is legit, he metered it with a small thing that looked like a clamp. 6.8%!!!! Now the plates, I really have no idea why he was so upset at those. So I called the Cook County Courthouse today to talk with the police there and he is trying to say it was a racial slur and offensive to people. Wow, I explained it to the lady on the phone and she was like.... ?????? I don't get it. Anyway, I guess on Oct 13 if anyone is in the Chicago area you can come cheer me on!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would think that MY plate would be more offensive than yours and I've never been bothered for it.

GENXIST - means ... GENXIST :)

Basically, it's the equivalent of "sexist" or "chauvanist" or "racist" but it's a bias FOR Generation X!

you've all seen it! I've only had probs for my tint (no longer on) and a crappy pull-over for the washer nozzle lights (also not on the car)...I live in Illinois and they never F with me for my plate. I think the cop was having a bad day.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
if a flip out tv is illegal.....then how come lexus' and volvo's flip up on top of dash navi systems aren't illegal.

thats such bullshit.
what if you prove its a navigation system they dont do shit...but if its a tv they do. fine...acura has a dvd based navigation based system....guess i'm getting a dvd of the ny metro area when i get my tv/dvd system put in and then pop that shit in every now and then. ha

side note....nothings better than being able to watch a movie in a car before having to go somewhere. i.e....watching the matrix before a pain in the ass store meeting at 10 at night

·
Registered
917 Posts
stillstock said:
if a flip out tv is illegal.....then how come lexus' and volvo's flip up on top of dash navi systems aren't illegal.

thats such bullshit.
what if you prove its a navigation system they dont do shit...but if its a tv they do. fine...acura has a dvd based navigation based system....guess i'm getting a dvd of the ny metro area when i get my tv/dvd system put in and then pop that shit in every now and then. ha

side note....nothings better than being able to watch a movie in a car before having to go somewhere. i.e....watching the matrix before a pain in the ass store meeting at 10 at night
Navigation is okay but aftermarket TV (front dash) can't be turned on when the cars are not in Park. Most legit shops will install the TV in the front dash in a way so the TV is off when the car is moving.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
GenXisT said:
I would think that MY plate would be more offensive than yours and I've never been bothered for it.

GENXIST - means ... GENXIST :)

Basically, it's the equivalent of "sexist" or "chauvanist" or "racist" but it's a bias FOR Generation X!

you've all seen it! I've only had probs for my tint (no longer on) and a crappy pull-over for the washer nozzle lights (also not on the car)...I live in Illinois and they never F with me for my plate. I think the cop was having a bad day.

Why havent i see you at any of our meets? Common Im doing all the representing for the AV6. BTW im in Naperville. But go to school at NIU.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hossfowler said:
I am dumb, what does your plate mean? Anyways fight that shit
6th gen owns you

1 - 20 of 56 Posts