Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, im having some problems with my driver side window... it seems to be coming out of the track when i lower the window down.
it used to come out of the track when i let the window go all the way down but now it just comes out at half way. i would take the door apart and put the window back in the track...but it just keeps on forcing itself back out. anyone have a remedy to this or has this same problem?
any info is appreciated!

peace!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Drop by the dealer and let them have a look at it. They shouldnt charge u for anything its not like your cars falling apart b/c u know how the dealer is but for your window they should be able to fix it. just my opinion

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn i was hoping there would be a remedy for this that i can do myself..but if i can't get it fixed by spring..imma have to drop by the dealer...

thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
well it doesn't pop out of the track..

but my passenger side window does make a slight click-click-click- noise whengoing up and down. Kinda like WTF the car's 2 years old and doing this now!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I had an issue similar to this. I had to take it to the dealer though, they replaced the run channel and weather stripping. I mean, I am sure if you felt like doing it yourself you could just go into the dealer and buy the parts. I opted to have it fixed professionaly cause I didn't want that to happen again anytime soon (it's not fun when it rains and water gets on the door panel cloth and seats...)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Si-OWNER said:
Drop by the dealer and let them have a look at it. They shouldnt charge u for anything its not like your cars falling apart b/c u know how the dealer is but for your window they should be able to fix it. just my opinion

I agree with SI-OWNER. The dealer shouldn't charge you for it because I had the same problem. Dealer tried to put the blame on the tint. I told him that it was factory and he just looked away....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
b16a ferio said:
I had an issue similar to this. I had to take it to the dealer though, they replaced the run channel and weather stripping. I mean, I am sure if you felt like doing it yourself you could just go into the dealer and buy the parts. I opted to have it fixed professionaly cause I didn't want that to happen again anytime soon (it's not fun when it rains and water gets on the door panel cloth and seats...)
how much did that cost you? i mean when i took the panels out to fix it, the run channel and stripping looked tip top.

pushVTEC
whats the window regulator look like?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CivicRus said:
I agree with SI-OWNER. The dealer shouldn't charge you for it because I had the same problem. Dealer tried to put the blame on the tint. I told him that it was factory and he just looked away....
did the dealer say what the problem was? or they just took your car in and fixed it?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think it cost me less than $100. Not exactly sure how much, but I know it wasn't a drastic amount of money. Let them look at it first, before you go and buy anything. Once they tell you what it might be, buy the parts required and try doin it yourself if you feel comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
KiddEng said:

did the dealer say what the problem was? or they just took your car in and fixed it?
Its pretty common in the windows. Whether its Power vs Manual(the window roll up of course, not the tranny). I pretty much just slammed the door too hard and it jumped tracks. But it was under warranty at the time and so ever since then, I have been pretty cautious when closing the door.......Hope that explains it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same exact problem. It went on for a while and i kept putting the window back in the track. Finally i went to the dealer and they fixed it. It was the window regulator if i could remember correctly. They also replaced teh track and the weather stripping. It came out to be a little over $200. I havent had any more problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. Not ragging on your ability to install. Its just that if it goes wrong, then it might cost you more to fix the learning mistakes. Its best to let the dealer work on it. Then ask them if there is an extended warranty from the day it was serviced. That will guarantee some workmanship. Otherwise, not being able to close the window can lead to many sleepness nites----car theft, morning moisture, cat falling asleep..etc, etc

CivicRus

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
albeit me pretty handy with tools and what not...being i installed all my mods myself, i was just wondering of the extend to fix it...

but yeah if theres some kinda warranty then i'll let the dealership fix it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i gotta story about this one. Two yrs ago I was heading out to White Catles to grab one of those "late night I'm drunk" meals. My buddy is drivin' my car as we roll through the drive through. He puts the window down to order. After ordering our food he puts it up....or tries to. stuck at half way! Middle of winter. The story gets better.

The next morning my sister and I are heading to my pops' who lives in DC..only a 8 hour drive on the highways of america....freezing my scrawny ass off! 8 hours seemed like 20.

we had pillows and blankets shoved between the window and door, blankets coving us. lol it sucked. We could see our breath the whole drive.

oh, I paid to have it fixed in DC for like....ummm....low 100's maybe? Can't remember, sorry!

·
Registered
278 Posts
the fix is easy i did glass for about 6yrs. you dont need a new regulator. the window can be reglued into the clips.
clean the clips relly well
buy a tube of urethane from any autoglass shop(should cost around 5 bucks for a tube)
make sure clips are attached to the regulator.
shoot a bead of urethane into the clips slide your window in.
roll it up tight and leave it rolled up for 24hrs. so the urethane can set.
after that you shouldnt have any probs.
if you dont think you can do it yourself, dont take it to the dealer, dealerships do not do glass they call a glass shop and charge you 2x's as much. go to a glass shop if you cant do it. it will cost around $20 bucks there. dont let them rip you off it's a simple fix!!!!!!!!!!
hope that helps. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.