Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i raced my frined in his 1998 maxima se 5 speed and i got beat. wasn't by much but he was able to pull away from me when i shifted. i have a 2000 prelude 5 speed and i was wondering what i should add just to beat him. i leaning towards i.h.e. and im hoping that should be enough to take him. do you think it should or do i need more work. thanx. :eek:

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
This is at the strip right? or a very secluded stretch of road.

as far as mods, i/h/e are the first ones that are done yes. The maxima and the prelude are pretty close in terms of straightline acceleration. Little increases in power will make a difference, so will the driver. Was this from a dead stop?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a little deserted road in the area trust me dont do the street racing thing and it was from a dead stop. so pretty much with those mods i should be good. I basically just can't have him with his car faster then me. The only thing i got going is that i tell him hes gotta v6 and i gotta 4 cylinder so the fact im right with him should say something. He pretty much got off the line and i was behind him but i couldn't gain on him and he couldn't pull away it was even i guess all that damm torque just gave him the advantage.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Supercharger... haha.

~Peace

·
Registered
111 Posts
HanSOLio said:
Okay i raced my frined in his 1998 maxima se 5 speed and i got beat. wasn't by much but he was able to pull away from me when i shifted. i have a 2000 prelude 5 speed and i was wondering what i should add just to beat him. i leaning towards i.h.e. and im hoping that should be enough to take him. do you think it should or do i need more work. thanx. :eek:
i was still driving a 97 maxi 5spd two month ago, i had shit done to it... but let me tell you, compared to my 2000 5spd lude that i drive now(no engine mods), even though i can launch prelude better then i could launch the maxi, maxi's torque in first and second just hauls ass compared to the prelude. with normal driving, i woulnd't be able to give more than 50% trottle in first gear and i would never go in first no matter at what speed i would make a turn(unless from a dead stop) cuz i would just get thrown. both cars have strenghts and weaknesses, but for 1/4 racing, i'd take back my maxi. on twisties, its a whoole diff story. that's why i'm not tryin to make my prelude a 1/4 mile beast, instead i'm gettin the suspension redone. the way i see it is that the amount of turns you'll make in a day will be greater than the amount of times you're going to floor your car... unless you beat the shit outta your car.
another advise for you... if you're just puttin shit in your car to beat him, i'd say you'd be better off gettin somethin you really want rather than keeping up with one car. he only needs to have a y-pipe (a nice lil mod for 4th gen maxi's that adds 10-12 to the wheels, that gets rid of two extra cat's, for about $200) he'll still be takin you with your i/h/e. with a good driver, decent tires and a y-pipe, maxi's can run 2.25 sec. 60' times all day... just something to consider.
btw.. is he stock?

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
HanSOLio said:
HAHAHAHA omg i can't stop laughing at those pics in your signature. especially that black guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts