Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was bored one weekend and decided to invert (flip flop) my trunk. This cost me roughly around $500 to do....just playin with all the materials it cost me about $10. The cool thing is i can have it look like the stock trunk and then invert it by unscrewing 2 things. I just needed something new for my car and since this was a cheap mod - if u may call it, i decided i would do it since im on a low budget and cant afford anything else. Well whatever here are the pics:

I know many will think its rice and pointless and flame me for it but i dont really care, i know there are always going to be haters.

-Gene

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
its kinda neat, unless you need to put something big in your trunk. How much space is between your rim and the tire well?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The purpose of this is just for show. I made it so that it is always stock but when i want to invert it, i just unscrew 2 wingnuts and its inverted. Yes i know i need to lower my lude, but since i dont have a job right now i cant afford nething. Unless some1 has lowering springs i can borrow ;) And no 95VTEX, i didnt do anything special to my taillights. I just cleared them out using the tutorial online. I guess its just the angle of the pic:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
eh, doesn't look that bad at all. Plus you did it for the purpose of show... not to be a fellower. Just keep doing what you want to your car. Screw what others think.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basically all i did was make a custom hinge. I went to Lowes and bought a 4" Triangular hinge and then cut 1 side of it to fit into the stock trunk hinge. After i fit it in there, i pulled it back out and cut another hole for the 2nd screw to go into. After i had both holes in the hinge lined up with the stock trunk holes i screwed the bottom hole in with a custom wing nut that i made. (This is what makes it look stock all the time, until i want to invert it and all i have to do is unscrew this wingnut) Then i formed the other side of the hinge to fit my trunk and screwed it into the lid. Its sorta hard to explain so here are some pics to maybe help you guys:
http://www.unrealkreationz.com/genes/trunk10.JPG
http://www.unrealkreationz.com/genes/trunk11.JPG
http://www.unrealkreationz.com/genes/trunk12.JPG

Hey loxllxol, if you have any specific questions you can talk to Nittanys1 on v6performance because he also has this trunk mod.

-Gene

·
Registered
39 Posts
who cares? if i want to bring a thread back from the dead that my friend wrote on and idea i gaave him......well then i will.........

LEST SEE SOME UPDATE PICS OF YOUR CAR GENE!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
i think it looks hot. idk if id spend $500 on that, id rather drop $500 and get my interior and trunk acoustically tuned. hehe. looks sick tho. props.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i really like that, it's unique! :tu

and are you not lowered on 17's in the pics?
i'm not hating, i wanna know what a not-lowered 'lude looks like on 17's

1 - 20 of 42 Posts