Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before anyone says a damn thing, i know my bay is filthy. but i just did the swap, and haven't washed the car since. that, and doing a swap off a dirt road really collects some dust after about 2 weeks... :shrug

anyway, painted the battery hold down thing, radiator bracket, clutch fluid resivour cap, wiper fluid resivour cap, and valve cover.

whatcha think?

Reactions: snozepp147

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol i dont have a good eye for that kinda stuff, and prob dont see half of what you did (clarification would be nice ;) ) but it looks pritty damn good to me. Just clean up the rest and get some more of those fancy colored hoses/wires and ur set

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doobieboy said:
lol i dont have a good eye for that kinda stuff, and prob dont see half of what you did (clarification would be nice ;) ) but it looks pritty damn good to me. Just clean up the rest and get some more of those fancy colored hoses/wires and ur set
dont know how i could have been more clear than this:
anyway, painted the battery hold down thing, radiator bracket, clutch fluid resivour cap, wiper fluid resivour cap, and valve cover.
:p

basically, everything gold got painted today. clutch and wiper fluid resivour caps are harder to notice, as they're on the dark side of the car. hoses came with the intake, i'm not real fond of them... but at least they came honda red!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
i think it looks pretty good, now get a silver or carbon fiber spark plug cover and use some simple green and it'll look sweet

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snozepp147 said:
i think it looks pretty good, now get a silver or carbon fiber spark plug cover and use some simple green and it'll look sweet
i dont think they make plug covers for non vtecs, at least not that i can find.

Looks fine to me. It's hard to ask such a question though, being that any answer given is subjective to the next guy.
that's why i'm not bent outta shape about turbotious kid's response. more just showcasing than worried about whether anyone liked it or not

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
craziazzmofo66 said:
i definatly dig the valve cover!!
stay reppin the O.P. ;) thanks bro!

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol i told you i dont got a good eye, i skip over way too much stuff. Id get some more dont tho, then itll look really slick but as it is it looks factory work :-X which i guess isnt a bad thing :D

Reactions: IISaiNtII

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
valve cover looks great, i woulda done the rest black, look alot better than my swap, now i gotta pull the whole damn thing i think, due to headgasket, i the motor place to give me a diff motor, then this time im gonna really clean it up and detail stuff, strip the funny texture off my vlve cover an go annodized red i think,so what are u gonna do next to it?? paint wise?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
90lxcivicnocat said:
valve cover looks great, i woulda done the rest black, look alot better than my swap, now i gotta pull the whole damn thing i think, due to headgasket, i the motor place to give me a diff motor, then this time im gonna really clean it up and detail stuff, strip the funny texture off my vlve cover an go annodized red i think,so what are u gonna do next to it?? paint wise?
well, everything was black already, and i though it would look better if most of the components matched, so i started pulling off random shit and painting it. i'm going to do more, but not for a little while, have alot of shit going on right now and have to get my old engine dismantled so i can make some money back from the swap.

but thanks for the compliments :)

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
i dont think they make plug covers for non vtecs, at least not that i can find.

that's why i'm not bent outta shape about turbotious kid's response. more just showcasing than worried about whether anyone liked it or not
nah not for an LS. Anyway, it turned out really good bro. Personally, not my color, but it does add really nice accents to the bay, and from what i can see it looks like you did a killer job painting it too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks good man but still needs a little more work. I painted under my hood just cuz and I couldn't stop. I don't know if it was the paint fumes or what but it got addictive.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
HCDX® said:
It looks good man but still needs a little more work. I painted under my hood just cuz and I couldn't stop. I don't know if it was the paint fumes or what but it got addictive.
lol wtf

anyways dude looks awesome, how hard was it.. i want to paint my valve cover

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
HCDX® said:
wtf needs more work?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.