Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas long time no post!!!!

Thats cause im writing to you guys from afghanistan!!! thats right!!! im coming home in april..

one good thing about being here is that i saved roughly $3,000 and some change..

i am planning to go forced induction but i dont know which route to go.. i wanna use the mods i have now in conjuction with the new route i wanna take. i wan thinkning about a jacksojn racing supercharger... i can get one used on ebay or the partstrader for around $1,500-1,700. i know i will need a new clutch but dont know which one to get.. alos what will i need to get with the charger??? fuel pump? injectors?? i plan on ru nning the stock psi for the charger so i dont know if thats gonna help.. i also was told im gonna need a fuel map unit or some shit like that... what exactly comes with the charger?? what will i need to buy extra for it.. how much am i looking at to get this thing installed.. anyone know a good site that i can get all this stuff..

here is my other question. if i decide to go greddy turbo what will i need with that? i can get one off of groupbuycenter brand new for 2,300.. i know i will need a new clutch also.. what else would i need for it? i will also plan on running this on its stock psi if i go this route.. i have seen these used for cheaper but wouldnt dare get one used because of reliability reasons. any help would be appreciated.. and if you can show me your setups i would appreciate it also.

Eddie

· Registered
2,529 Posts
If you go JRSC, you should probably get the map controller with it... you can get it from www.jacksonracing.com or any other place that sells JR stuff, such as www.haiparts.com or www.racingworks.com. A high flow fuel pump is highly recommended, and you can pick that up for about $125. As far as clutches, I would recommend ACT or ClutchMaster, and you might consider getting a lighter weight aluminum flywheel to go along with the clutch to speed up the revs. You shouldn't need injectors at all. What all should come with the charger is the charger and manifold, instructions, pulleys, belts, some rubber pipes (I think), some hardware, and some things with electrical wires... it's been almost a year since I've bought my kit so I don't remember everything exactly, plus I didn't install it myself. I took it to a shop and had it installed there because they also had a dyno... therefore I got a good baseline dyno run, and a couple runs in with the SC installed. Tuning your setup on a dyno is worth it. Installation should be anywhere from $400 - $1000 depending on where you take it and what else you have them do to it (like dyno tuning). Hope that helps... sorry, I don't know that much about turbos.

· Registered
314 Posts
I would recommed going with the Greddy turbo kit. It comes with everything you need except a blow-off valve and intercooler which you will also have to pick up. I would never run a turbo without an intercooler, even at the stock 7.8psi. You will produce in the neighboorhood of 220whp with this setup.
The JRSC kit on the other hand is also great. I have one on my 2000 ITR, but with the stock pulley and engine managment your only going to produce around 180whp or so. Both kits are 50-state emmissions legal and are both great choices. The turbo kit will cost twice as much but has the potential to produce a lot more power. The JRSC is also upgradable so both have great potential. I guess it really boils down to exactly what you want out of the car.

· Registered
278 Posts
GReddy is 5.5 stock psi and youll be safe boosting up to about 7.5 without intercooler on stock internals. I went with turbo because you can build up the turbo in the future.

· Registered
314 Posts
GReddy is 5.5 stock psi
Stock boost pressure is 7.8 psi on the B16A Greddy turbo kits as well as the B18C GsR's. The SOHC cam motors may have lower boost levels, 5.5 psi??. And if you choose not to use an intercooler you will have extremely high intake air temps that will promote detonation. If you want a reliable turbocharged motor you must run an intercooler

· Registered
395 Posts
all JRSC kits are designed to run on stock internals, but many people choose to upgrade. it couldn't hurt. you should get the form of FI that fits your driving style. do you race a lot or is the car more of just a grocery getter with just an occasional race here and there? the turbo is far more tunable than a supercharger and is more ideal for drag races. the supercharger is better for more usable power lower in the rpm band. i would suggest the s/c for daily driving, the turbo for racing.

and things like intake and exhaust systems are just fine to by secondhand, but can i suggest against buying secondhand forced induction systems? these things are much more complex and can make installation a bitch with even the slightest of problems that you won't catch right away. just a thought.

one more thing, DYNO TUNE. that is very important.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.