3K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  mocha907 
#1 ·
WELL, i ended up with a 91 rex.
the 88 si wanted 3 even and I couldnt do it,
BUT im very glad I didnt,

HERES WHY.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good to see it finally. I think those are the Si rims that I lovvve on Civics. That's gotta be a pretty quick car as it is.

What's the microtech tuning all about? Is the motor stock other than the bolt-ons?

#4 ·
i love those fucking things, that looks clean as shit too. good find man.

#7 ·
shit OP just be happy that wvu97gs-r gave your props lol

nice find. cleaner then mine due to my fender being teh ghey but whatever. it looks good. and im lost too what the onboarding tuning all about.... why was that necessary and ive never heard of that company before. elaborate please.

p.s. more pics.

#9 ·
ya, Ive seen the block . B16a, no numbers, HASPORT mounts, guy said the pan gasket was leaking LOL it was the oil plug gasket. HILARIOUS. got a free OC and tranny flush at work today. It needs a valve cover gasket and is running a lil rich, BUT BONE DRY underneath, looks like a 30K engine. I really havent figured out anything about the MICRO tech tuning system, but it has a handheld system that hooks into the ECU that tells fuel air ratios and whatnot, its pretty sick, im very glad I waited till I got the car, Those are the craigslist pics lol. NO DIGI camera, kinda lame but Ill get one soon. Im so fucking happy, she runs buetifly so far and I hope this car will last me a good while, But like I got everyone at my shop to look it over and everyone approved. its tite. motors stock besides the skunk2 springs and retainers. but it runs like low to mid 14s as of now. Im not gonna be going to the track for a while tho. HAHA im riding to work (literlly 20 ft down the road) with A "tag applied for" cardboard liscense, But I have no fucking gas left so Im keepin her in the garage for now. WILL POST MORE PICS AS SOON AS I DO get a camera tho, I APPREciate all the comments. thanks guys!

dude im like chirping on accident and shit, it literally almost chirps every gear, ive only done 2, 3, and 4, tho, But I havent even ran it that hard yet, I DIDNT chirp it, The guy who sold it to me did like almost every gear it was sick, it runs hard as fuck, But I cant be driving crazy or even at all now. IDK

seems fun as shit.

HONDA LOVE

O YEA it came with the sick 99 SI rims

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
EK? You mean EF..

x2 BoOsT

#15 ·
NEVER!!!

You got it the wrong way, No Eks, forget EGs/Ejs..keep it ol school homie EFs is where its at baby.

#18 ·
yea , all in all, Im so fucking glad I waited to get this, and I found most of the things I need to do to have her runnin perfect

Found some weird stuff tho earlier,

took her to the gas station, And remember how good It feels to have a car that you can put 2.25 and be good on gas for a day or too> :)

also, haha, theres a fucking unplugged O2 sensor right after my header, thats just bolted in the exhaust not plugged into the ECU.

Stays runnin hard, but is Idleing at 1200 :(.

SO i found my first fucking project..

also its rnnin a lil rich rite now, and I know for sure cuz I checked the pluggs, a lil black, but not too bad, plan on doing full tune up too, (wtr pump, timing belt, plugs, cap rotor, all O2 sensors, wires, coolant fl, cuz did OC and trans already, Brakes are dank, paintjob, haha etc.) and I mite take it in to get tuned, since I dont know as much about EFI tuning as I should,

Well , I plan on spending MOST of my:eek::D:) time on this car , as in, i fucking love this...............machine..

#33 ·
Function > Form
also late 80s early 90s cars kick all ass (save 1965-1970 cars)

#25 ·
Finally took her out on the open road today. Drove her around for a good hour, did a Coolint flush today. ran hard all the way through, GOOD vehicle, And no overheating or any signs of leaks, (fixed valve cover and oil pan).

Other than that, The ONLY things that I wanna get fixed asap is my IDLE and Ignition syst. full tune up. (inc. valve cover and sp. plug gaskets.

It starts a lil rough, but stays runnin hard and ALWAYS starts up.

Idles at almost
1400 when motor is cold,

and goes back down and IDLES PERFECTLY after engine reaches operating temp.

I always let it warm up before running it tho.

#29 ·
If you're ever worried about your idle, you can go through the steps of the usual idle issue solutions. There's a sticky in the Engine Tech forum, and I've given lots of links in the past if you search for it. But it's not much to worry about unless it pisses you off.

#30 ·
Shes runnin perfecty. Cept for some shitty start ups w/ a lil lag.

Gunna do plugs/wires rotor/cap and valve cover kit ASAP

Shes got some oil in the plug holes, nothing too bad, just gotta do valve cover and grommets.

But im runnin the best fuel money can buy and will have money for tune up in a couple weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.