Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over at my friend’s house 2 months ago or so and there was some party across the street. I parked behind his sister and that was right in front of his house. An hour later, I get out and find out that somebody hit my door pretty bad. Its not that they just hit my front driver side door, they hit my rear door as well. I was fuckin pissed and started knockin on the door but nobody would come out (explains the no car in front of the house). So I was rolling in a car that in my opinion looked like a trashcan and there wasn’t much I could do about it cuz I was short on money. Well me and another site member (DXE) went to the Junkyard and looked for doors because somebody hit his door too like 2 weeks before it happened to me. We both found great looking doors for a very low price. $120 each and the door that I got is white, which means no painting. I was going to get the rear door too but it was a little banged up so I didn’t. My rear door is almost undamaged but when you take a real close look, you can see it so I want to take care of it. My question is, even though I would have to check with my body guy, what would cost more, me buying a rear white door, or getting it fixed which means prepped, and painted as well. The (DXE) guy got his installed today buy someone who knows what they're doing and he said that it was a 4 hour job. I find that hard to believe because there isn’t much to it. Even though i will have to take the window out and put it into this one and do all that other stuff that comes along with it such as locks, door panel est. Should I be able to do this by my self? Anyway here are a few pics of the door and i cant wait to get this monkey off my back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Putting the door on is not that hard of a job, it's getting the damn thing aligned that can be a pain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts