Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone i finally got my drag 3 turbo kit. now i just have to figure out how to put it on. i paid $3100 for the kit and get this it didnt even come with instruction. so this should be very interesting. i dont even know where to start. here is what i have accomplished so far. intercooler is mounted, wastegate is mounted to turbo manifold and turbo manifold is bolted to the motor. i have about 3 pieces of piping that i have no clue where they go. ok here are some of the questions i have. if anyone could answer them i would greatly appreciate it. is there suppose to be a gasket in-between the turbo and the turbo manifold? what hoses connect to the blowoff valve, fmu, and wastegate?i guess that it for now. thanks everybody. here are some pics of what i got so far. sorry if the pics are to big.

· Registered
525 Posts
nice!!!! about all your questions I can only answer some...turbo should have a gasket between it and the manifold....BOV should be mounted on you intake piping and if Im not mistaken your piping should be routed from the turbo to your intercooler and from intercooler to your intake...the FMU I have no idea but I think the wastegate goes on the turbo.

I have never put in a turbo system but I have moded cars with turbos

· Registered
883 Posts
i think your doin pretty good so far for not having any instructions... i would search the internet for turbo installs or contact Drag Gen and ask for the instructions but that might take a while... a friend of mine bought parts for his GS-T for about half a year until he had everything and we installed it all in about 2 days no problem and that was so much stuff it was probably more than a kit, but then again its easier on cars that arleady come turbo because your just replacing pre-existing parts with better ones

· Registered
542 Posts
Very sweet setup you have there. Drag kits do not include gaskets for the manifold or downpipe, but you can buy them from www.roadraceengineering.com or call them at (562) 777-1522. I might be able to help you out. You can put a tee(plastic 4-way connector) connector on your vaccum hose from your intake manifold. This will allow you to have a vaccum source for your BOV, wastegate, and FMU. Just run a vaccum line from your BOV port to one side of the tee, from your wastegate top port to another side of the tee, and run the top part of your FMU to the last open side of the tee. I'm not running an FMU but I think this is how you hook it up. The top port is for vaccum. The center port is where you hook up the fuel return line, the fuel line that should be connected to your adjustable FPR. Then you kook up the side port of the FMU with new fuel line and run it to your adjustable FPR.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got my drag kit from a local shop which i fond out they got it from importparts . com. greddy is a got kit to play with on the street but that kit lacks high boost. aleast this is what i have heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.