Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I posted here a few weeks ago asking about systems. I ended up getting two 10" alpine type r's w/ a jbl 600.1 amp. I installed everything on friday perfectly. My friend helped me tune it to make it sound good. For that day, the system sounded badass. I had very little rattling in my trunk and everything was running good. The next day however, when i turned on my car, my subs were pumping for a while, then a few sec's later it stopped. I turned off my car to check out what's wrong and the green and red led were on. i went to my manual to see and it said:

No Audio (green power LED is lit) Amplifier overheated.
No Audio (red LED stays lit) Excessive volteage on B(+) connection

Along with those two lights, the amp doesn't power down when i take the key out of the iginition. I checked all the fuses on my car and on the amp and they are all still good. I am really confused at this point and really disappointed. Can anybody help me out?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
make sure the blue(remote) wire is hooke dto a blue and white off the back of your radio. Make sure you have at least a 60 amp fuse no more then 12 inches from the battery terminal. Pm me if that does'nt help.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my power and my ground wire are both 4 ga, the fuse i actually put in the trunk (yeah i know i messed up). Also yes, the remote wire is connected to the remote off the back of my deck. I checked the RCA's and everything is still good. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i have a fuse on my remote wire that made fucked my sounds up. it was blew, so i cut it out. now i have tunes. i would check that fuse tho, it caused me about 4 hours of bitching and wondering before i thought to check it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked all the fuses, the fuse on the power line, the fuses on the amp, even the fuses on my car. All of them are fine. I appreciate the quick response, however, the problem i have is i get no sound out of my subs, also when i turn off my car, my amp doesn't power down. It's really strange....

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
but did you check the fuse on the remote wire? the blue wire, im not sure how to check it, so i just cut the damn thing out.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IISaiNtII said:
but did you check the fuse on the remote wire? the blue wire, im not sure how to check it, so i just cut the damn thing out.
There is no fuse on the remote wire, there never was. As for shortening the ground wire, i'll do that and get back to you.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
allkingz said:
Disconnect the remote wire. If the amp still stays on, you have a problem with the amp.

Also, what are the impedance (ohms) of the subs?
ok i just tried that and the amp still stays on. So i'm guessing there is a problem with the amp. The impedance on the subs are 4 ohms.

·
Registered
176 Posts
He blew the amp ill bet you.. he said he has 2 subs both are 4 ohm. im assuming he has the dual 4 ohm ones and they are both parallel voice coils making them 2 ohms. then they bridged them into 1 ohm. is that JBL amp 1 ohm stable?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know if i blew the amp or not. My friend wired the subs, what he did was bridge it so i can get more power out of the subs. From what he told me he didn't turn it up that loud either. Either way, i'm exchanging the amp with a new one :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just to let you know, you can't bridge the JBL power valve mono amps. There are 2 sets of terminals but they belong to 1 channel. So if you had a final 1 ohm load, and you tried connecting the outer terminals like if you would with a 2 channel amp, the total load the 600.1 will be seeing is .5 ohms. I'm not sure if that amp is regulated or not, but dropping the impedance that low will definitely fry the amp.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Bass Mechanic said:
He blew the amp ill bet you.. he said he has 2 subs both are 4 ohm. im assuming he has the dual 4 ohm ones and they are both parallel voice coils making them 2 ohms. then they bridged them into 1 ohm. is that JBL amp 1 ohm stable?
it should be

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I was the one that hooked it up and heres what I encountered. Amp WILL NOT turn off no matter what unless I unhook either the battery or the power or ground going to the amp. I disconnected the remote wire from the amp itself and it still stayed on. His ACC does not work for some reason, He told me that its been like that for a while ever since he got the car. The amp did not get hot at all but I think it was on all night since it doesnt turn off. I didnt know it wouldnt turn off til the next day and I guess it was too late. No sound at all, Subs are wired parellel down to 1 ohms, He wired it in series and it wasnt pounding at all so I tryed it in parellel. We did not even push teh system hard at all, it sounded real nice and everything was working fine. I guess the amp did blow then but Im not sure if it was from wiring it down to 1ohms (which the amp can take if not pushed hard) or form staying on all night and overheating. Oh yeah if the amp blew shouldnt it smoke or have that burnt electronic smell to it? Also wouldnt the amp itself go into protection?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.