Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I was just calling around for engines today, and I got quoted the following.

1. B18C1 with the Tranny + ECU + Installation = approx 6700 CDN

Is that a good price? The engine has about 80,000km on it. Another thing I have to take into affect is if these guys know what they're doing.. But I think the only way I can find out is just by asking around.

Anyways, I just needed some advice from experienced people so asking here would be the best idea :D

thanx.

P.S. I'm boosting the engine with a Revhard or a Drag 3 turbo, think it's a good idea to go with a different Tranny? or stick with the GSR Hydraulic Tranny?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't know the exchange rate but the going rate I've heard for a B18c installed around here is from about 4K to 5K. Hope that helps

·
Registered
868 Posts
Um, go to www.jdmhondaparts.com they have b18c1 for like 3300 complete swap (the motors they sell are pretty nice, that is where i got my b16 from). I am not sure the exchange rate from Canadian to American, but if its anywhere close to the American dollar, then you are going to get ripped off.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
today at noon according the Bank of Canada

6,700 in Canadian dollars equals 4,217.82 US dollars

sounds like a decnt deal to me.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Damn I can get a JDM B18c engine swap for $2,800 (including labor) into my 6gen. And a B18b swap for $1,300. Unfortunatly I spent all my money on rims & Paint:(

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
49,000 miles isnt THAT bad at all if the engine is an OBD1...cause then its at leas 7 years old by now...who REALLY drives less than 7,000 miles a year?

·
Registered
535 Posts
LuckyH said:
Damn I can get a JDM B18c engine swap for $2,800 (including labor) into my 6gen. And a B18b swap for $1,300. Unfortunatly I spent all my money on rims & Paint:(
Well shit, hook it up my friend :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
That's only cause my friend owns his own shop, I just got a brand new AEM pulley kit for $60, it's the one for the alternater & power steering. I can ask about pricing though. Were really cheap though. And they get it done in about 2-3days from the time you drop your car off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
that is freaking cheap.

I got/getting mine done for 4000grand with exchange of my engine. I'm getting my car back monday(hopefully).

and they've had my car for 2-3weeks now, talking some bs about hard to find a b18c1

·
Registered
764 Posts
Damn really, my friend can get any engine within a week, he just has to drive down to Atlanta to pick it up. And what they do is just give you a call when the engine is in a 2-3 days later you have your car back.

Damn 4g's I coulda got an H22 swap for $3200, he get's that motor for $2800.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Was it out of a JDM Type S though w/ 28000km on it?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
LuckyH said:
where you located lucky??????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts