Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Off topic...How does your b16 like the spray?

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
likes it just fine...I havent had any trouble with it.>I jsut changed the kit over to a wet kit..I just havent decided if i am doing a 75 shot, 80 shot, or 100 shot.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Were you doing a dry 50 kit before? If the internals can take it, do it at 100.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
Were you doing a dry 50 kit before? If the internals can take it, do it at 100.
yea....the internals can take a 100..but for how long i dont know..if i had the cash to throw at building the block i would..but paying for my house seems a bit more important

·
Registered
412 Posts
true. So the block is the week point? I would just spray what you are comfortable with then. 75 or so, call it a day. What other mods do you have? Might as well do some other motor mods as well.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
true. So the block is the week point? I would just spray what you are comfortable with then. 75 or so, call it a day. What other mods do you have? Might as well do some other motor mods as well.
open deck block...10.2:1 compression..yea...the block is the weak point

i,h,e,msd digital 6, ctr cams, cam gears,walbro 255, fuck..iahvent rattled off the list in so long i dont remember everything..act 6 puck clutch..xrteme pressure plate...and my slicks..but that doesnt really count..without diving into the motor i'm out of boltons..and like i said before...my hourse is more important and i dont have the cash for headwork or block work yet

·
Registered
412 Posts
nice set up. easy on the streets? And I understand what you mean about the house vs car...Something that is worth a lot more, and that the value can go up in, should be priority to a depriciative object, like a car. I just love how all these fwd cars are getting better ETs than me:rolleyes...even though I trap higher lol.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
nice set up. easy on the streets? And I understand what you mean about the house vs car...Something that is worth a lot more, and that the value can go up in, should be priority to a depriciative object, like a car. I just love how all these fwd cars are getting better ETs than me:rolleyes...even though I trap higher lol.
when i was driving it still..it was nice on the street..the clutch didnt bother me at all..it still got 30mpg..it was a fun car to drive..then i could take it to the track and run low 13's all day long then drive home...fun while it lasted

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not bad at all. Why is it trailered now though? New set up that you lost interest in, or what?

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
Not bad at all. Why is it trailered now though? New set up that you lost interest in, or what?
Nah..I trailered it because I was tired of dealing with smogging it and trying to avoid getting pulled ove rin it..jsut wasnt worht it anymore..and now..I can go all out in it...it got trailered before i bought my house though..so that plan was to build it..now the plan is to build it..but at a much slower pace..lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
LOL. Yea, cali emisions suck ass...that is why I am glad where I am at. No emissions in my county. People run open header here all the time, and nothing happens.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
LOL. Yea, cali emisions suck ass...that is why I am glad where I am at. No emissions in my county. People run open header here all the time, and nothing happens.
i just spent all weekend in arizona..too damn hot...i might retire in the prescott area though

·
Registered
412 Posts
What part of az were you in? Phoenix right now is hot as fuck still, as is Tucson..Yuma is fucked up too. But where I live, down by Mexico, it is around mid 80s all day, and droping to like 60s at night. I don't think I've been out to prescott...If I go to Phoenix, it is Tempe area mostely.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
What part of az were you in? Phoenix right now is hot as fuck still, as is Tucson..Yuma is fucked up too. But where I live, down by Mexico, it is around mid 80s all day, and droping to like 60s at night. I don't think I've been out to prescott...If I go to Phoenix, it is Tempe area mostely.
I was staying up in wickenburg...but I was playing baseball in mesa, tempe, and maryvale

·
Registered
412 Posts
No idea where wickenburg is lol. But mesa and Tempe are nice. I love going up there.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
No idea where wickenburg is lol. But mesa and Tempe are nice. I love going up there.
about 45 minutes northwest of phoenix..borders suprise if that helps...

highway 60 runs through it..and 89 and 93? join there

·
Registered
412 Posts
I probablly have gone through it or near it on the way to the White Mountains, but other then that I stick to the southeast lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
despite this being years old, to the original poster, if you get spanked by a dsm, its ok. i beasted on RSX's tegs civics etc. they were made to be fast and are easier to make fast. But feel good inside knowing your car is easy to work on and runs almost everyday.
My DSM definately hauled ass(24psi daily) but it only was drivable 1/4 of time. it legit had problems more than it ran right. i didnt even feel safe enough to drive it up two hours to the nearest track at NED. even in stock form, they are an electrical nightmare.
Hence why i went honda :D

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
his car isn't easy to work on.....have you ever owned a honda before? it's more complicated than any dsm or nissan....hondas are complicated and expensive to mod...

·
Registered
14 Posts
i guess its just a matter of opinion then...ive owned 2 AWD Turbo Dsm's, (i loved them both to death and they will always have a soft spot in my heart) but they are pains in the asses.
my b16 honda, however, is easy to work on by comparison and has relatively no problems. the motors are smaller simpler and have less sensors and parts that commonly go bad.
I will agree that it takes much more work to get a honda to go fast. but at least a honda can be a reliable daily driver. thats my whole point here. Thats the entire reason i sold my DSMs and bought a honda. not for looks. not for power. for reliability. so that i dont have to pray that the car will actually start and stay running, like i did in my dsm. lol.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.