Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy balls. I just got my car back from the shop for the motor swap.....and all i have to say is HOLY BALLS that motor pulls like a mother, I do have a wheel hop from 1st gear all the way to 4th though......but other then that dang. One problem is the gauge cluster i got for the motor is Kilometer so i have to figure out how fast im going on the freeway....i got it to the max today 190k/h....dont know how fast that is though

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
just wait till u get some slightly higher compression, new valvetrain / those cams..your goin to cream urself every time u start ur car...cause i do...my type-r motor..is a full out..gnarly beast buddy with s2s2 cams..its...stupid fast...if u'd like a tuned basemap for a semi stock type-r i have one, lemme know and i can customize it for you..for a price

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the idle is going to be sick...right now i almost crap my pants when i punch it, then it goes into ***** and its a whole different car, tire squeel every sinlge gear, fish-tailing because its hard to control. That motor just wants to go

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
yeah the idle is going to be sick...right now i almost crap my pants when i punch it, then it goes into ***** and its a whole different car, tire squeel every sinlge gear, fish-tailing because its hard to control. That motor just wants to go

How do you fish tail in a FWD car? Id really love to know ~

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uhhhhh...moving slightly side to side with each shift, im still learning a little more about a 5spd (this is my first 5spd i owned) so with each shift i move the steering wheel a little. But when i launch it the car does fish-tail a little...and it is possible to fish-tail in a FWD i dont what your talking about

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
uhhhhh...moving slightly side to side with each shift, im still learning a little more about a 5spd (this is my first 5spd i owned) so with each shift i move the steering wheel a little. But when i launch it the car does fish-tail a little...and it is possible to fish-tail in a FWD i dont what your talking about

Fishtailing would be the rear end forcing itself back and forth through tirespin. What your talking about is torquesteer. Think about a fish...it doesnt have a flipper in the front going back and forth...its in the back..thus the tail part =P

A FWD car cannot fishtail.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
I think you should have that looked at.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.