Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· Registered
6,058 Posts
I wonder if they brought back the "race mod" from the old GTs. That was the best shit, turning a 4door 93 civic into a touring car.

I doubt it.
Yea it seems unlikely at this point. Though I've heard that they may be trying to acquire the D1 license to go along side Nascar and WRC. They were trying to get some F1 teams aboard, but it's just not happening.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm amazed in some regards that Poly. is adding "simulated damage" into the game. What's GT glossed as? "The Real Drving Simulator" or something like that? well then I guess damage should be a part of that too.:p

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Here's one for the peeps that dislike NASCAR & WRC.;)

YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 Gameplay at Tokyo Game Show 2009 (Lamborghini LP560-4)

Having been down that street (Aoyama) in Tokyo, it's amazing how authentic the "feel" of the scenary is. Props to the developers. BTW: The Honda global HQ is at 0:15 on the left side of the street. The curved building on the corner with horizontal black and white bands. Sony is up the street a little more (also on the lefthand side) before the 90r corner.

Here you go.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
So, I have one important question. If the "demo" of this game cost $40 (30 now) what am I going to have to pay for the full game?

Didn't GT usually have some F1 cars in it? or is it the races of F1 they aren't going to do?

Also, will there be drag races like in GT4, but actual 'races'?

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That's 3 questions.

Don't buy it man. That's the best advice I can give you. I don't think Sony will miss not having the handful of ducets that you'd have to unenthusiastically peel out of your billfold.

Move on and let it trouble you no longer.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
So, I have one important question. If the "demo" of this game cost $40 (30 now) what am I going to have to pay for the full game?

Didn't GT usually have some F1 cars in it? or is it the races of F1 they aren't going to do?

Also, will there be drag races like in GT4, but actual 'races'?
GT5: Prologue was more than a demo. The full game will be $60....

...you seriously weren't asking that question because you didn't know, right? You're just messing with us all right?

· Registered
1,174 Posts
GT5: Prologue was more than a demo. The full game will be $60....

...you seriously weren't asking that question because you didn't know, right? You're just messing with us all right?
No, I really didn't know. I assumed if it was $40 for 60 cars and fewer tracks... then what's it going to cost for the full game with 960 cars and all tracks? Ya know? I'm going to buy it regardless. I just assumed it would be hiked into the $80-$100 range. I've been waiting for a decent racing game to come to PS3, I didnt't try or buy the prologue, I was being patient for the full game. I tried a few other car games on Ps3, and they were really terrible, like Grid, cars all felt like you were driving on ice, and turns were exaggerated like something out of NFS Carbon.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
I just don't understand the logic behind that.

Forza 2 had fewer cars than Forza 3, did the price increase? I just don't see how you could conclude that they would charge more than standard price. Especially when GT4 had about 700+ cars and what, around 20 tracks for $50?

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I just don't understand the logic behind that.

Forza 2 had fewer cars than Forza 3, did the price increase? I just don't see how you could conclude that they would charge more than standard price. Especially when GT4 had about 700+ cars and what, around 20 tracks for $50?
The logic I'm thinking of is that most "previews" are free, and then the game costs $60. So then what happens if the preview is $40? Anyway, no biggie, I had my question answered, but now I have another one: The GT that just came out (I think?) for PSP, is that associated with GT5 in any way? Or is it a port of the original GT? The commercials don't do it justice and I think I want it (or is it bad?)
You guys have to remember as well, all I know of stuff that comes out is what other people tell me, which is why I keep asking about stuff. About the only info I have on games like GT5 are from other car forums, and some of them sound like complete BS. "A 9,600 car list!" then go on to name cars in alphabetical order (and some wind up being the same car). Ya know what I mean? So I seek answers from you guys since I dove back in the forums and it seems you know what you're talking about. All my questions (on this particular subject, and videogames in general) are 100% serious.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
The logic I'm thinking of is that most "previews" are free, and then the game costs $60. So then what happens if the preview is $40? Anyway, no biggie, I had my question answered, but now I have another one: The GT that just came out (I think?) for PSP, is that associated with GT5 in any way? Or is it a port of the original GT? The commercials don't do it justice and I think I want it (or is it bad?)
You guys have to remember as well, all I know of stuff that comes out is what other people tell me, which is why I keep asking about stuff. About the only info I have on games like GT5 are from other car forums, and some of them sound like complete BS. "A 9,600 car list!" then go on to name cars in alphabetical order (and some wind up being the same car). Ya know what I mean? So I seek answers from you guys since I dove back in the forums and it seems you know what you're talking about. All my questions (on this particular subject, and videogames in general) are 100% serious.
Well, to start, GT5: Prologue is neither a demo, nor a preview. It is a full fledged game. I can't see why anyone would argue any different, when it has as much content as a lot of other full games. If I remember correctly, it has more cars than the first few need for speed titles on 360/PS3, and also features a good amount of tracks.

Add to that Online play with up to 16 other players, and I can't understand why anyone would think it's a "demo".

GT5 and GT PSP tie in with cars only. The Cars that you unlock in GT PSP can be transferred to GT5 when it comes out.

GT PSP has no 'career mode' to speak of. It's just arcade mode, you essentially pick the field and race. There are missions that you can do to unlock new cars to use, which can eventually be transferred to GT5.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
GT PSP has no 'career mode' to speak of. It's just arcade mode, you essentially pick the field and race. There are missions that you can do to unlock new cars to use, which can eventually be transferred to GT5.
WIll they transfer over to the simulation mode of GT5, or just to an arcade portion? Is there an arcade portion to gt5?

Still, the thing with GT5 prologue is I have never played it, so I'm working off limited info there, though I have noticed that it's in the PSN for $29.99. I'm thinking of downloading it, though it seems like it would hack out part of my hard drive at that size, cept the only things I'm storing are Spyro, and FFTactics and save games, so it might be ok.

· Registered
6,058 Posts
There's honestly no point in buying Prologue right now, though it's likely that any credits or cars will probably also transfer over to GT5.

GT PSP will transfer cars over to Sim mode as far as I know. I'm torn, considering buying it, but waiting for more impressions.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
There's honestly no point in buying Prologue right now, though it's likely that any credits or cars will probably also transfer over to GT5.

GT PSP will transfer cars over to Sim mode as far as I know. I'm torn, considering buying it, but waiting for more impressions.
So far I've only seen one person say it was good, but the cars available were not to their liking, though it supposedly has 800 cars? Or something like that. I might get the prologue if you can transfer credits and cars, but by the time anyone figures out if that's going to be possible, it will probably be a month before release and then I might as well wait anyway. We'll see, cause if they are transferrable, I need a racing game to hold me over. I've replayed GT4 a few times now, and I'm getting tired of it.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Well, i just got a PSP3000 w/assassins creed, and we also got LBP-PSP, Gran Turismo, FF Dissidia, and Metal Gear Acid. Anyway, the Gran Turismo for PSP is pretty solid. They threw in a drift mode, which is odd, because usually GT doesn't throw in the funky fake controls where the car will drift almost automatically.

The customization options are limited to swapping tires, and changing ride height really, and moving some ballast around, which is fine. The car list is HUGE for this game, but there are only about 4 dealerships you can pick from on a given "day", on the first day it lets you pick from Honda, Nissan, Toyota, and TVR. It's cool because the game gives you 100,000 credits to start, so you can buy a really decent car on the first choice, and your garage is limitless, but you can only alter 30 cars at a given time with a "quick" customization feature, which is still sorta useless. The game almost gives away credits since there really is no "GT" mode like in past Gt's. You select a race type (drift/race/time attack) and then select a track, then select the car you're using, then hit "go" and you do that once race, then you come back to that screen to choose your next track when you're done. Like I mentioned the credits are given away, the first events are worth about 6,000 and drifts are worth about 3000 so you can quickly buy all the cars you want. Overall, as a game I'd give it a 6/10, but since it's a lot of nice things crammed onto PSP I'll have to say it's a good 9/10 since it will leave me entertained for quite some time. And if you can swap cars with the upcoming gt5, it would be well worth it.

· Registered
5,141 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
GT5 Time Trial Challenge

Didnt see a thread about this so wanted to make one.

I just saw the GT5 demo last night on PSN and there is a time trial challenge going on until Jan. 25, I was wondering who else has been doing this time trial?

The game is alot more difficult than past GTs and currently the online record for the 370Z Rtuned is 1'35.942 my fastest time is a 1'40.942. I have no idea how to shed 5s off my pace lol.

Let me know what you guys think of the demo.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.