Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sony delays release of hit game Gran Turismo 5

It is not 4/1. Yet why does this not surprise me one bit...?:confused:(

It's got to be the online portion or crash modeling for the entire gamut of cars. I can't imagine it being anything else, because those are the major changes over previous versions. I don't think track editing is gonna hold them back.:cry

Thu Jan 14, 2:02 am ET

TOKYO (AFP) – Sony Computer Entertainment said Thursday it had delayed the launch of the latest version of its blockbuster video game Gran Turismo without giving a new release date.

Gran Turismo 5, a driving simulator for the PlayStation 3 game console, was originally set for release in March.

But the company said it would indefinitely postpone the launch, citing only production-related reasons that are "not to be disclosed," a company spokeswoman said.

The Gran Turismo series has been a blockbuster for Sony, selling more than 53 million units worldwide since its first release in 1997, the company said.

The last major version of the series hit the market in December 2007

· Registered
779 Posts
It is not 4/1. Yet why does this not surprise me one bit...?:confused:(

It's got to be the online portion or crash modeling for the entire gamut of cars. I can't imagine it being anything else, because those are the major changes over previous versions. I don't think track editing is gonna hold them back.:cry

Thu Jan 14, 2:02 am ET

TOKYO (AFP) – Sony Computer Entertainment said Thursday it had delayed the launch of the latest version of its blockbuster video game Gran Turismo without giving a new release date.

Gran Turismo 5, a driving simulator for the PlayStation 3 game console, was originally set for release in March.

But the company said it would indefinitely postpone the launch, citing only production-related reasons that are "not to be disclosed," a company spokeswoman said.

The Gran Turismo series has been a blockbuster for Sony, selling more than 53 million units worldwide since its first release in 1997, the company said.

The last major version of the series hit the market in December 2007
UPDATE: got a new releases sheet from game stop yesterday, according to them GT5 is due out nov. 1st.... sooo that prolly means next feb. haha keep your fingers crossed. maybe ill make a new thread later of new games and release dates. on a better note/teaser, Fallout new vegas comes 6/1 so that should keep me plenty busy til gt5.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
haha that would be pretty bitchin but i doubt it. if you go to your local gamestop they should give you the upcomin release dates all printed out for ya.
Yups. The ones I go to have them pre-printed and in a 3-ring binder placed at the cashier's counter.

BTW: H23... Come back to MW2! No more Cabella's LOLS!:hehe

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
you punks gotta add me on ps3 friends lists.

UltraMagneticAL
What games do you usually play? Right now I'm 95+% MW2. I join in with H23lude online almost daily. He holds my hand as I weep and hide in the corners 'cause I'm weak.:ninja

There's a couple other guys from the 310 that are on with me alot. I think H23lude might be familiar with them by now.

Mostly TDM, with a bit of FfA and a tiny amount of S&D.

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i'm on mw2 right now, but i have uncharted 2 also, but haven't started playing it yet.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
i'm on mw2 right now, but i have uncharted 2 also, but haven't started playing it yet.
Me and Danman played Uncharted2 one night for about an hour. There was updates that messed with my ability to log onto the game. But we finally did get a little session in. I run into The_Con on the PS3 every now-n-then too.

Look for me tonight for some MW2 action! Lakers are playing at 4pm PST, but if it's a blowout I'll be on sooner.

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yeah, i gotta finish some of the special op missions. but i don't know if i'm gonna be on til the weekend. gotta cook for the gf tonite i think.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Little over a month more!:clappy

I always wanted night/day effects even back in GT1. Also I've also wanted seasonal effects for the longest time too. For example driving around The Ring with the leaves changing color in the autumn, then come back again with snow on the ground in the winter.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I think it would be funny if GT5 was just a really long-running hoax. I'm still waiting for it to come out. Ditched the 360 right before Forza 3 hit so I never got to play that and here I am waiting for a decent race game on Ps3... Midnight Club LA will have to do till then, and Shift I guess...

· Registered
13,249 Posts
I think it would be funny if GT5 was just a really long-running hoax. I'm still waiting for it to come out. Ditched the 360 right before Forza 3 hit so I never got to play that and here I am waiting for a decent race game on Ps3... Midnight Club LA will have to do till then, and Shift I guess...
GRID is better than both of those games.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.