Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my copy up from GS this afternoon!:w00tz

After the literal years of waiting, I hope it going to be good. I have GT:p and DL'd the Z car challenge awhile back. But I hope the full game will interest me more then those small tidbits did.

Anybody else on SHO get it too?:confused

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From SHO I know 216 and The Con bought it. I was having problems with Sony's server, so I ended up spending 2 hours messing with the photo album function.

It's similar to past GT games, but very much expanded (mostly) due to online content and capabilities. As always the graphics are top notch, the soundtrack is peppy, the licenses are tedioius LOLS.

One thing I do miss is the map used in past games to navigate the menu system. It's replaced with a more standard looking "windows" type link clicking process.

So far so good.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked it up, dusted off the Force Pro wheel and played for a good 5 hrs last night.
I too took out my Logitech wheel when I bought F1 2010 not too long ago. For some reason the noise of the gears started grating on my nerves. I play with headphones so you'd think it wouldn't be a prob... but in the end I went back to the trusty Dualshock.:eek:

Not sure if I'll bring it back out for GT5 or not.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW: For all of you that might want to play with other peeps from SHO. Don't forget to sign up in the SHO PS3 listing in the PS3 sticky section.

We can get some Black Ops, GT5, etc. in. :clappy

· Registered
177 Posts
Havent been on these forums in ages lol.

I'll be picking up GT5 in about 2.5weeks when I finally graduate.
Got Black Ops if anyone is down to get pwned

PSN: ElAssowhippo

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need to get a PS3.
Weren't you extremely good at Gran Turismo on the PS2?

Yeah, I'd say get a PS3 especially if your a AV nut and don't already have a B-R player. Sure, 1080p content will be eventually be available via DLing, but there's something about having a hardcopy that still appeals to me.

I see The Con, 216, Ultramagnetical and a few other guys playing GT5 the last couple days.

Right now: A-Spec = lvl 10, B-Spec = lvl 1.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anybody still playing? I know boostincoyote still plays.

I just got back into GT5 the last week or so. My A-Spec character is up to level 24 so I've put a little bit of time into the game now. But I have a question...

Is it worth starting up a second B-Spec driver? My current driver is level 5, but I was wondering if there was a complelling reason I should start up a new pilot?:confused

· Registered
177 Posts
Yea man I am borderline addicted to GT5.

Im not a fan of B-spec, but if you like the concept of leveling up a driver and you acting as the crew chief then by all means go for it.

We have a league every sunday ~6pm EST 440pp on Sport Soft tires its really competitive.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.