Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
At first I did B-Spec just for hunting some trophies, and also so I could eat a snack (while the race was taking place).

Now I have a desire to get to level 40 for that trophy.:lol2

I picked up Forza 3 almost a week ago, but have yet to put it into my 360 lols.:hehe

Now I am obsessed with getting the trophy for using all of my credits. I keep trying to get a total ending in 0 then I start looking around the different emnus to see if I can net out. So sad.:eek:

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Tried out Forza 3. Got a couple series championships and did a few of the time trial maps. It is pretty fun, no doubt. A fine game.

Compared to GT5 I feel like playing GT5 helped my Forza skills. But playing Forza for any length of time wouldn't necessarily improve my GT5 gameplay.

There is no "Rewind" button in GT5!!! :lol2

· Registered
177 Posts
How does Forza 3 compare to GT5? I only played Forza 2 awhile back and I wasnt too impressed by it back then, the car models in GT4 were alot better as well as the driving physics.

Now there is a Forza 4 in development I actually like that PD doesnt have a GT game coming out so frequent, there is so much to do in these games that I wouldnt want another one coming out for awhile.

· Registered
177 Posts
I still only have original Playstation and GT. I don't have the money or time for GT5 and a console to play it on. :cry
I did get to play GT3 a long time ago. I thought that was light years ahead of GT.

I don't get a thrill out of video games anymore.
Some people grow up others grow old, I chose the latter :p

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
How does Forza 3 compare to GT5? I only played Forza 2 awhile back and I wasnt too impressed by it back then, the car models in GT4 were alot better as well as the driving physics.
Forza 3 reminds me much more of NFS:Shift then it does GT5. I don't know why GT and Forza are even compared other then that they are the flagship car games for the different consoles.

BTW: Boostin'... circumference of the planet at the equator is a little under 25k miles. You sir are a BEAST!:beerchugr

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I've never gotten that far into the game. I haven't even finished all of the licenses because I get too frustrated trying to get all golds on them. Lol.
Hang in there. I just finished my S class lic. and the game is way over it's newness phase.:p

But then again GT seems like a game for the "long haul" (especially when we don't know when the next one will ever be released lols). I get a lot of enjoyment from doing the seasonal events, photo shoots, etc. that don't really have anything to do with the A-Spec or B-Spec game types.

· Registered
177 Posts
Forza 3 reminds me much more of NFS:Shift then it does GT5. I don't know why GT and Forza are even compared other then that they are the flagship car games for the different consoles.

BTW: Boostin'... circumference of the planet at the equator is a little under 25k miles. You sir are a BEAST!:beerchugr
LOL!

I was off the radius isnt 6K miles its 6K km :(

I forgot to see how many miles I have in GT5. So far the 2 challenges I have not been able to be are the Sebas Loeb & Vettel, for the Vettel challenge I just need to beat Suzuka.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Did the 4 hour endurance race at Tsukuba... :(

Had to do it in two stretches. The first was around 1:43 and the second sessions I finished it off. My hands and especially my right thumb was cramped and spasmatic at the end of the race.:(

Plus it was pretty boring afterwhile and I only got it done as a test of my own willpower. Then to top it off, the prize was about 110,000cr. Not very much imho for 4 hours of gameplay. I could have gotten more then that in a single Special Event race.

Pretty sure I don't want to do another endurance race, unless 216 is right and Poly is going to update the game so you can save mid-race.

· Registered
177 Posts
I gave up on endurance racing in GT4, too boring and long vs the AI especially since they have the 24hrs of Nurb :( never even attempted that.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If I could pause and save the game, then it wouldn't be so bad. Then at least I could play other PS3 games, watch B-R movies, etc.

Having to leave my PS3 on between gaming sessions had me nervous. I aimed a small fan at it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.