Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very usefull information in the stickies, and some extremely knowledgeable people. BUT, I have never seen soooo many condisending, insulting, just plain rude, replies to newbies asking simple questions. The same thing post after post, and then I saw the post asking about a new flywheel and clutch setup, all he wanted was knowledge and experience, instead he got snubbed and basically laughed at. What topped it off for me, the moderator, "YOU GUYS, WHAT THE FUCK?" followed by know it alls, great way to encourage new members, maybe even some that might have good knowledge to share.
I fully expect to have this thread removed, but if one newbie is left unoffended in the future, I've succeeded.
What a shame to have such a good site ruined.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
1) bandwidth = $...are you paying for it? no.

2) it's been asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....it eats up bandwidth and space and ultimately speed. the search function and the stickies were painstakingly put together for this exact purpose...

3) if you don't like it, then leave. take take take, but don't give back. give back to the community and you'll see what a pain this becomes. i'm sick of it, the members are sick of it. the guys who've been here long enough know what i'm talking about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your point is well recieved and it's your forum. Being a former bbs administrator I understand the concept fully. AND I don't subscribe to flaming either. But, does your arguement not work against you as well, there's alot of bandwith and space used with non answers. If it's in the stickies, and they really want an answer, they'll find it eventually. Doesn't advertising based on member/hit volume pay some (if not all) of the bills?
I just wanted to say this is a great site, and I hate to see people belittled. I don't see the same treatment on other honda forums.
Thanks, I won't say another word about it

As a teacher of adult technicians I have a saying. "There is no such thing as a stupid question.......just stupid people"

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the administrator pays for the site out of pocket. the google ads help a little, but not much.

for every person i tell to use the stickies there are 10 who do. so my effort is not in vain.

stupid people = people who don't use the stickies/search.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Whats his problem??

OK, I dont get it, I got a bunch of shit when I first got here, but Once I got to know my way around the site, and got my rep up People left me alone. I have had many questions answered, and even (in my opinion) helped a few people out too.

I have been guilty of "not searching" and still tend to jump the gun on you guys sometimes when "im too drunk to look" But, I have gotten away from that, and now use my drunken rambelings for the entertainment of my fellow members.

I agree whole heartedly with the guys who have posted in this thread, and I say If he dosent like it here, remember one thing, YOU KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR, WE DIDN'T COME LOOKING FOR YOU

I really dont think he'll be back, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
13) if you don't like it, then leave. take take take, but don't give back. give back to the community and you'll see what a pain this becomes. i'm sick of it, the members are sick of it. the guys who've been here long enough know what i'm talking about.
What are you talking about?
:confused

·
Registered
478 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
1) bandwidth = $...are you paying for it? no.
Well, flaming takes bandwidth too. And yea, n00bs should learn to UTFSF "Use the FINE search function". There is lots of valuable info on this site. Maybe the search button could be made bigger, and labeled "n00bs click this". LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.