Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,221 Posts
91Integracer said:

whats not to understand.. the kid wants to know what it sounds like... would u just order an exhaust and end up having it sound like a geo on crack???
i dont understand how a user on a webboard attempting to describe the farting sound of an exhaust would help at all.....he's not actually hearing it, and how does he know the person is describing it well? how does he know that person actually heard one? im sorry....its just weird. its an exhaust it sounds like one

· Registered
440 Posts
rms492 said:
too bad, this web board is for all and anyone.
live with it

if you dont want to help, thats fine also
people do want to help just u have like 10 post on exhuast and act like its the only mod that exist

like junglistgsr said, everyone is gonna describe it differently, i used to have clips...but like i would bother to care to find them now anyways........

BLAH on you!,lol go find a buddy with a greddy evo, nothing better then hearin it for yourself then somthing trying to describe the sound

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re to you all

no its not that exhaust is the only mod I can do, it's just that that is one of the easiest and best and first mod for performance. dont tell me you guys dont know this, everyone knows that the first thing to do is get rid of that corked-up stock exhaust before anything, and thats what im here to do.
afterwards, i will bug you guys about headers, so get ready.................

· Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a sound clip of the GReddy exhaust on an accord. It sounds just like mine on my integra, but it won't let me attach it here. I can email it to you if you like.

· Registered
440 Posts
Re: re to you all

rms492 said:
no its not that exhaust is the only mod I can do, it's just that that is one of the easiest and best and first mod for performance. dont tell me you guys dont know this, everyone knows that the first thing to do is get rid of that corked-up stock exhaust before anything, and thats what im here to do.
That is not true, if u were going performance wise you wouldn't care about the the sound, you would care about the straightness of the catback and the diameter of the piping. not the sound.

Stock exhuast is not that bad and u wont see major gains with exhuast. Some cases people actually loose power.

And your choice to change exhuast 1st i think is your pereferance, does not have to be done 1st, or need to be.

· Banned
2,834 Posts
I had the damn thing on an Ls and I won't even begin to try and describe it on this or any post. V'room, Bwahhh, braaaammP! BraaammmmmmP! Bwaaaaaammmp!

And No I did not record it.

Go to an import show/meet and listen or ask to listen to different exhausts.

That was as constructive and helpful as I could possibly be with this.

Oh, and I experienced that it also rusted around the welds on the cannister after like 3 months.

A.

· Registered
305 Posts
you make your own good luck....

junglistgsr said:
these exhaust sounds posts blow my frickin' mind
ah but what's a beginner to do? base his exhaust on the sound it makes without understanding what exhaust design factors affect loudness or a coffee can sound or base it on diameter? yes, I'll get a 2.25 in. exhaust and wonder why I'm not making as much power as my friend who has the exact same bolt-ons but goes faster than me?

decisions, decisions.... plead ignorance, be lazy, and follow the herd or do some homework?

· Registered
124 Posts
Re: re to you all

rms492 said:

get an intake, that is the first mod you should do. you'll feel a lot better gains than a cat back exhaust

· Registered
440 Posts
Re: you make your own good luck....

Tuan said:

ah but what's a beginner to do? base his exhaust on the sound it makes without understanding what exhaust design factors affect loudness or a coffee can sound or base it on diameter? yes, I'll get a 2.25 in. exhaust and wonder why I'm not making as much power as my friend who has the exact same bolt-ons but goes faster than me?

decisions, decisions.... plead ignorance, be lazy, and follow the herd or do some homework?
That is why i think u should bring the TECH FAQ thread u had created, had alot of useful info, that answered alot of questions, repetitive questions,heh

· Registered
220 Posts
I feel that what an exhaust sounds like is very important. You do have to put up with it everywhere you go.

I have a kakimoto R, 2.75" system. I'm very happy, it's not loud at all. Then again I could be going deaf :)

If you want something loud, tin can sounding, get one of those canister style mufflers.

If you want a low sounding quieter exhaust, take note of the resonator length on the b pipe (longer the quieter), and look at the muffler design. A muffler like the Apexi WS (chambered) will be much quieter than say a straight through 5 zigen fireball.

But most importantly, as others have stated, be sure it fits your application. If you're going with forced induction down the road, get the appropriate diameter. If you're just going with bolt ons, 2.25, or 60 mm is the way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.