Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
depends on what you already have done to your car. if exhaust is your first mod you probably wont see much, i suggest an intake before exhaust. you'll feel more from an intake than exhaust. as for evo imo its the best:D

· Registered
160 Posts
how is the sound on the evo??? i am gonna be getting it for my 4th gen. i just don't want it to sound like a little buzz bomb like on the integras you see running around around. also, how loud is it at just normal cruisin on the interstate???

thanks

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I owned one...its quiet cruising...but it farts like mad when you get on it....and to the driver it sounds good...but from behind the car sounds like ASS...you can hear it in a parking garage. also its the quickest rusting exhaust on the market.

· Registered
9,779 Posts
well no one else including me has had a farting evo....but maybe you had some clogs in yours...gains are not easy to feel because they are throughout the rpms....sounds the best, looks best..make sure you have oem kit to make it look clean

· Registered
756 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I owned one...its quiet cruising...but it farts like mad when you get on it....and to the driver it sounds good...but from behind the car sounds like ASS...you can hear it in a parking garage. also its the quickest rusting exhaust on the market.
my PE isn't rusting yet and i've had it over a year.

i noticed some gains with mine, i only had an intake when i installed it.

the biggest increase in power/car actually hooking up... i've noticed on my car was the clutch/flywheel. it pulls sooo much better now.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
del_parker said:
my PE isn't rusting yet and i've had it over a year.

i noticed some gains with mine, i only had an intake when i installed it.

the biggest increase in power/car actually hooking up... i've noticed on my car was the clutch/flywheel. it pulls sooo much better now.
the muffler tip won't rust...its all the piping underneath the car that just rusts like crazy!

· Registered
2,092 Posts
the sound is pretty crappy on my PE. like lookatme said, it sounds great inside the car but from behind, its loud and farty and grumbly

the gains are very noticeable, with the butt dyno i felt i gained a ton, especially noticeable on the low end where i needed it most.

yes the piping rusts!!!! the flanges on my PE have been rusting since last winter, and i only had the exhaust on for 6 months at that point. the muffler cansiter is spotless.

my next exhaust will be an apexi N1 or stock

· Registered
160 Posts
uggghhhhh...........now i'm all confused on whether to get that one or not from those responses cause the last thing in the world that i want is for it to sound like it farts, i hate that.

how is the apex n1?? i've thought about that also, if some knows defintly that there didn't sound like farts from outside PLEASE let me know, cause i am in the process of getting one but can cancel it still.

thanks for ur respnonse

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I have a straight pipe replacing my cat.....I am getting some new video's of my ride up. its loud as hell in VTEC....but I will share it with the world when I get everything loaded onto a computer.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
i know this guy with an si and he has a greddy evo. it's not loud till you get on it. in vtec it sounds reaalllyyy nice...personally i like the thermal. it's what i have and i love it...it's definately louder than the evo cuising but int he higher rpm's the thermal get quieter..thermal sounds nice when you get on it also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.