Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
love it in the Vtec :D

I have it on my 99 Civic EX and at very low idle around 400rpm it ratles really bad you just hear ping,ping,ping and every one in a while it will blow out blow out little fibreglass squares out the back. What are these little squares of fiberglass?Other than that I love the sound at all RPM especialy in the Vtecsounds so nice and seems to be of very high quality Now on the car for around 4 years and see very little rust just on the weld spots. Im just wondering what the little squares are???? :confused

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just got my Evo II put on with a 2.25 high flow cat! I LOVE it! It's quiet at Idle sounds mean and not Ricey when you step on the gas!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
I have it on my 99 Civic EX and at very low idle around 400rpm it ratles really bad you just hear ping,ping,ping and every one in a while it will blow out blow out little fibreglass squares out the back. What are these little squares of fiberglass?Other than that I love the sound at all RPM especialy in the Vtecsounds so nice and seems to be of very high quality Now on the car for around 4 years and see very little rust just on the weld spots. Im just wondering what the little squares are???? :confused
mine rattles too at low rpm..but only when its raining. i really don't get it. but it doesn't shoot out fiberglass squares, i don't know whats wrong there.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
well I had to cut mine open and it turns out the pipe thats inside the muffler was only welded to one side of the muffler and from the newengland road salt and vibration of driving it broke last week. I cut it open and welded it on the original side and then I bent a little metal bracket to conect it to the other side too. Now there is absolutley no vibration but the car sound raspier, that could be because to cover the hole I usen a new 1/8 pice of stainless insted of the paper thin ones rolled on top of each other(has air cushion between each other for sound defaning) now its just a solid pice of steel. I used a thick cuting wheel so I couldn weld it back together with original metal. but hey it still works and hope they dont bug me on next inspection :aww

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ya I have an EVO2 catback system for my 95 GSR, it's very nice. I noticed that around 4,400 RPM the sound does change a little bit...and then the sound changes again when the VTEC kicks in. Way better than other systems I have gone with in the past. Thumbs up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
J.O.A.T said:
Has any one heard anything about the new EVO TT?

Matt
As far as I know it's not available untill year. Don't take my word for it though, it's what a Greddy dealer told me. I have a Turbo Civic that needs a new exhaust, and I can get a good deal on the EVO2, or wait for the EVO TT..... dont know what to do.

·
Registered
389 Posts
snozepp147 said:
mine rattles too at low rpm..but only when its raining. i really don't get it. but it doesn't shoot out fiberglass squares, i don't know whats wrong there.
mine rattled too. it would only do it in the rain. does it do it at a certain rpm? mine turned out to just be that i had to push away the heat shield for the exhaust...it was just touching the piping in one spot. why it did it only in the rain i don't know. but check it out, because that might be it.

i noticed also we were comparing the evo and evoII...did no one notice that the evo is ceramic piping and the evoII is full stainless steel all the way back...thats why it sounds slightly different. anyways the evoII is awesome.good clearance, nice deep sound, max at 93 decibals...still street legal in my state(al). when i put it on and first hammered it through my neighbor hood...its like my car had just coughed up a tennis ball and it could finally breathe! :btu

·
Registered
107 Posts
from this thread i can see that the sounds is very nice, but what about performance? HPgains TQgains ect ect...? or another exhaust that can compare to the EVO or EVO2?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
NeWb $KiLLz said:
from this thread i can see that the sounds is very nice, but what about performance? HPgains TQgains ect ect...? or another exhaust that can compare to the EVO or EVO2?
gains arent huge but are there mabby a MAX of 3-5whp from just the exhaust, but that combined with header,intake and mabby a litle bit of cam tuning and some a/f adjustments a civic ex should be in the 120ish whp range if not more.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
sosojdmaccord94 said:
agreed...3-5whp on my accord, its not like we ran out and dynoed before/after we got the exhaust on.

hahahaha...

Lets see if we can pick up 3HP!!!! lol

The catback doesnt gain you a whole lot of power. You may or may not feel the difference. But, as said above, combined with a few other little touches you can get the power up there a bit.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
hobie237 said:
hahahaha...

Lets see if we can pick up 3HP!!!! lol

The catback doesnt gain you a whole lot of power. You may or may not feel the difference. But, as said above, combined with a few other little touches you can get the power up there a bit.

:nod the parts dont work that well when separate, but when combined the "synergy of the parts is grater then the whole"-Monster Garage

·
Registered
42 Posts
it seems that this one has a good sound and power gaines from what im reading....my preference is more to the stealthy side with out power loss....would you consider this exhaust 'stealthy'? i dont want a high pitched whine/bag-o-beeze sound but im not trying to sound like a v8 american muscle either(i do love that sound, just not in a 4-banger) thanks for all your posts prior to mine...its really helping me out
thanks to all!

·
Registered
389 Posts
um, this thread is still living?

I got mine from morepowerracing.com (along with a few other things) they're really good people. ....(they have your for 503.00 free shipping. is that 484 w/shipping? if so, that might be the best you can find)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.