Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Well it all depends on what your goals are, Many people say the greddy is more streetable because it spools faster than the drag, I personally have the drag 3 kit on my b18b and I love it, it spools up quick enough for me, and has the potential to expand with many possiblitys unlike the greddy kit, but again what kind of psi are you looking to run?

· Registered
414 Posts
Drag3!!! Greddy is a good set up but after a month you are going to want more. So Darg3 is your best bet

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cdoome2 said:
Well it all depends on what your goals are, Many people say the greddy is more streetable because it spools faster than the drag, I personally have the drag 3 kit on my b18b and I love it, it spools up quick enough for me, and has the potential to expand with many possiblitys unlike the greddy kit, but again what kind of psi are you looking to run?
I would like too remain pretty streetable but in the same token, will want the potential too boost more in the future. i plan on running 6-8 for now. i not looking for a all out drag setup.

· Registered
220 Posts
if you plan on going Drag then trust me on this one and go Rev Hard instead of Drag... I can get into a long argument about this with people but please dont respond back expecting an argument b/c ill simply tell you off hand from experience that rev hard will produce more hp tuned right... good luck.. Be on the lookout for new Dyno sheets at www.revhard.com Myles is posting my sisters Dyno sheets and if he was surprised what his kit can do on a Stock motor(stock block and head) you will be surprised...

· Registered
53 Posts
TurboJDM said:
if you plan on going Drag then trust me on this one and go Rev Hard instead of Drag... I can get into a long argument about this with people but please dont respond back expecting an argument b/c ill simply tell you off hand from experience that rev hard will produce more hp tuned right... good luck.. Be on the lookout for new Dyno sheets at www.revhard.com Myles is posting my sisters Dyno sheets and if he was surprised what his kit can do on a Stock motor(stock block and head) you will be surprised...

hahahah thats freaking hilarious you say that, considering you pay more for the rev hard and piping looks like a$$ and its the same damn turbo, same fuel system, only difference is the manifold. ill keep it short, speak for yourself, its all in the hands of the tuner. by the way, paying only 3000 shipped for my new drag kit including greddy type s bov, greddy turbo timer, apexi boost and egt, and missing link all brand new for 3000 shipped, and have plenty of money saved over the rev hard to put towards whatever i want, imo they are basically the same set up, every engine is different, its all about the tuning, ive seen cars with the drag kit out perform cars with rev hard's and seen rev hard's out perform drag kits. so i wouldnt go there.

· Registered
2,120 Posts
4 letters...DRAG....or even go custom and have a shop make you a kit to your specifications.

· Registered
220 Posts
You last 3 make me laught... I will put down my cars pink slip in a race between a stock Gsr with Drag and Rev hard... First off let me educate you "cdoome2"... Drag and Rev Hard use different types of Turbo's, Although its a T3/T4 you will never find on a Rev Hard turbo what the specs are for the Trim and AR Housing... 2: the piping is different on Drag and Rev hard and its been proven on a dyno that Rev Hard produces more power: and 3rd but not last Rev hards intercooler is much bigger then Drags... Finally the most important part of the turbo is the manifold and clearly Rev hards manifolds are better: OH yea did i leave out the 8 IDRC racers that use Rev hard kits... I dont see any of them using Drag... Just a though:eek: ... And if you still think your drag kit on your car is better then a rev hard kit... Lets meet up at any racetrack and i will find a car to match your cars specs and will race straight up with some cash on the line....

· Registered
220 Posts
The only problem i have with Rev hard is the wastegate.. I dont like Turbonetics b/c the spring fails after 20psi of boost.. a higher rated spring is necessary... other then that i would pay to go Rev hard over drag anyday simply b/c myles knows what he is doing when he picks the turbo trim and Ar housing... its been proven ... check out the dyno results... you can also check out the dyno results off a 2001 GSR being posted on his site soon after it was dynoed at Harv's Wed... close to 400Hp with stock internals and some ignition work and fuel management system...(stock internals everything)....

· Registered
53 Posts
TurboJDM said:
Oh yea and one more thing "cdoome2".. if your so infatuated with the chrome pipe that Drag comes with then you should go show and not go... real racers dont care about looks...
real racers? lol ok mr real racer. If you are a real racer, why dont you share your thoughts on adiabatic efficiency and adiabatic compressibility, after all real racers would be fluent in thermodynamics. Im sure you watch the fast and furious every day, but we all know you are going to put your stupid pink slip on anything so dont run your mouth please. And yes i've seen the compressor maps, i could care less what you have to say. take an introduction to thermodynamics course, if you are even in college. It will open your eyes to mechanics and not depend so much on what you hear mr big shot racer is running in his car. You have a lot to learn if you think any stock gsr with a rev hard turbo kit will beat any stock gsr with a drag kit. There are so many variables you must look at, this is where thermodynamics come into play.... you have to look at Engine Thermo, Heat transfers in engines, and fluid mechanics. I think most people would not want to read my knowledge on these aspects, but please dont say you are going to educate me on anything, I have my plate full trying to get both my mechanical and computer engineering degrees at the university of florida. This is a web board, and i believe after all the topic is between the greddy kit or the drag. enough said. sorry to ruffle your feathers turbojdm, but dont call me out because you've seen dyno charts and because "real" racers use rev hard kits.

cheers

· Registered
419 Posts
Well I'd say dyno results speak for themselves, but of course you have to use the same dyno in exactly the same conditions for an accurate measurement to be taken. You would definitely have to get an independent tuner to test the kits. At revhard I've only seen the one dyno sheet, do they have one for there sohc kit?

· Registered
103 Posts
TurboJDM said:
is your sister sabine?(sp). with the black gsr?

back to the topic at hand. i'd go with rev hard personally. i have a full blown stage 2 sitting in my room waiting to get installed tuesday. and it came with everything and a fine price.

· Registered
220 Posts
real racers? lol ok mr real racer. If you are a real racer, why dont you share your thoughts on adiabatic efficiency and adiabatic compressibility, after all real racers would be fluent in thermodynamics. Im sure you watch the fast and furious every day, but we all know you are going to put your stupid pink slip on anything so dont run your mouth please. And yes i've seen the compressor maps, i could care less what you have to say. take an introduction to thermodynamics course, if you are even in college. It will open your eyes to mechanics and not depend so much on what you hear mr big shot racer is running in his car. You have a lot to learn if you think any stock gsr with a rev hard turbo kit will beat any stock gsr with a drag kit. There are so many variables you must look at, this is where thermodynamics come into play.... you have to look at Engine Thermo, Heat transfers in engines, and fluid mechanics. I think most people would not want to read my knowledge on these aspects, but please dont say you are going to educate me on anything, I have my plate full trying to get both my mechanical and computer engineering degrees at the university of florida. This is a web board, and i believe after all the topic is between the greddy kit or the drag. enough said. sorry to ruffle your feathers turbojdm, but dont call me out because you've seen dyno charts and because "real" racers use rev hard kits.

Your funny... you know that.... For a mechanical engineer your a real dumb ass ... Youre one of those Rice boys i can tell if you even refer to that crap ass movie fast and furious.. Enough of this childish talk b/c when it comes down to it.. Rev Hard will beat Drag any day regradless of your thermodynamic bull shit.... You think that Drag will beat Rev Hard with the same setup on the same car... I think once again your funny b/c there is no way in hell you in Florida has seen the "Compressor Map" of a Rev Hard kit.... Second of all Dyno sheets prove everything and not only that Why dont you take some of your free time and instead of watching that movie fast and furious go to a real RAce event and talk to the racers there and youll be very surprised when you find out who uses DRAG... then take a look at all the Drivers that use Rev Hard...

M. Bautista

L. Kubo

K. Tran

J. Callos

K. Gordon

N. Peralta

M. Pourkhani

A. Cabanilla

E. Peralta

M. Gines

J. Mendoza

J. Franco

L. Perez

All these Pro divers use Rev Hard ... LOL once again your funny you know that... By the way what car do you drive...
For the Record I never said real racers use Rev Hard.. Real Racers use anything but DRAG.... LOL ur funny...

· Registered
220 Posts
And yes i've seen the compressor maps, i could care less what you have to say. take an introduction to thermodynamics course, if you are even in college. It will open your eyes to mechanics and not depend so much on what you hear mr big shot racer is running in his car. You have a lot to learn if you think any stock gsr with a rev hard turbo kit will beat any stock gsr with a drag kit. There are so many variables you must look at, this is where thermodynamics come into play.... you have to look at Engine Thermo, Heat transfers in engines, and fluid mechanics.
Your such a dumbass that i have to laugh at you again b/c you dont make sense in your responds... Ok Florida boy take a look at your own statement.. "yes i've seen the compressor maps, i could care less what you have to say" How the hell do you expect me to belive you have seen Rev hards Turbo Schematics...

Second "You have a lot to learn if you think any stock gsr with a rev hard turbo kit will beat any stock gsr with a drag kit. There are so many variables you must look at, this is where thermodynamics come into play" Dont you think that when you say all this bull shit about thermodynamics it applys to both cars using Drag and Rev Hard.. you make it seem like when you put a Drag turbo on the same stock GSR and you dyno it you dont have any of those problems... but when you put a Rev Hard kit on the same stock GSR they have all these problems with thermodynamics and friction .... LOL your a retard take a look at your own statement and you will see the flaws in your ways...

Dont come up in here telling me i watch the fast and furious and second dont tell me that a stock gsr with drag will be stock gsr with rev hard... Your funny...lol:D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.