Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2000 Civic Si
Engine: B16A2 (stock bottom end)

Greddy designed a STREETABLE turbo kit! This kit is was not designed for maximum power in mind, although you can have some very good numbers with this kit, if your HP goal is to be in excess of 300whp, then your better off going with a higher end, or custom turbo kit. I bought this kit over others because for one thing my car is a daily driver, i cant get to work or anywhere without this car, so for starters... Reliability is a key element in my decision to buy this kit. Greddy's kit came supplied with a fuel management system designed to work with the stock (factory rating) boost setting. Anything more then that and you start to compromise reliability (unless you upgrade your fuel system) Greddy's piggyback fuel computer is designed to use existing sensors to read boost, and increase injector duty cycle when it's needed. So you dont need any check valves or missing link to hide boost from the map sensor.

I am very pleased with the power that this kit offers, even at 6psi the car pulls really hard, and the turbo is making full boost by 3500rpm, pulls hard into vtec and all the way to redline. Greddy's kit is a bit more on the expensive side especially if you consider extras like a FMIC or a BOV. This kit takes about a day to install, easy install, no cutting or welding (unless you plan on adding a BOV, or a LARGE FMIC) If your looking to increase your power, but not really turn your car into a full racer then perhaps the Greddy kit is a good choice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have had the pleasure of driving a greddy turbo'd B16, and it is lovely, the sound of turbo mixed with the vtec is amazing, and the car pulls quite hard, i was able to pull on a s2000 with the kit... well worth the money... and constructed great just like all the other products from Greddy

·
Registered
148 Posts
I installed a greddy kit into my 2000 civic si. The car runs stronger now, but once i finished installing it, the next day, the cel came on and checked it and it was something about the atmosphere pressure sensor problem. I got that fixed, and now the cel came back on. Checked it too and says im running rich. So much for the e-manage. Im gonna have to take it back to the shop to retune the e-manage. But overall the car runs well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sp00nerSI said:
I installed a greddy kit into my 2000 civic si. The car runs stronger now, but once i finished installing it, the next day, the cel came on and checked it and it was something about the atmosphere pressure sensor problem. I got that fixed, and now the cel came back on. Checked it too and says im running rich. So much for the e-manage. Im gonna have to take it back to the shop to retune the e-manage. But overall the car runs well.
Yo man do not use the e-manage.
e-manage= Piece of shit.
I have the same set up, it suck's you are better off with a hondata S200B
that's what I am running now, MUCH better. It runs great Oh and no CEL whatsoever. :D

·
Registered
292 Posts
we took one of the greddy systems/kits and changed out their weak 2" downpipe to one of our greddy replacements 2.5" with flex section (www.kteller.com)

anyways.. its now not a bad system.. the power is there when you need it on the road. its not drag strip material but very upgradable in the near future.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i have a copy of the oct 04 HCI magazine. in the mag it gives you step by step installation process and pictures of a civic SI greddy turbo install. carb legal and adds 46 hp. what numbers did you get?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kteller8 said:
we took one of the greddy systems/kits and changed out their weak 2" downpipe to one of our greddy replacements 2.5" with flex section (www.kteller.com)

anyways.. its now not a bad system.. the power is there when you need it on the road. its not drag strip material but very upgradable in the near future.
I noticed that on your website. I am very much interested in buying one of your down pipes however I see that you dont have one made for the 18G Greddy turbo charger only for the SOHC turbo kits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts