Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
If Im thinkin of the same kit, I dont even think you can push 15 lbs of boost out of the turbo that comes with the kit. I believe its a 8 lbs kit only

could be wrong though

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive now got a built b18 block, with a semi built b16 head. I'm running the E-manage ultimate so i can dick around witht the boost. i was just wondering what type of powergains i'm gonna get, if its not much i'm gonna sell the greddy kit and piece a big kit together.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
SOLdier05 said:
If Im thinkin of the same kit, I dont even think you can push 15 lbs of boost out of the turbo that comes with the kit. I believe its a 8 lbs kit only

could be wrong though

yes you are wrong....the waste gate comes set at 7..but the turbo is efficient to about 15/16 psi (td04h 15g)

i ran 10-11 psi on that kit with a front mount/2.5 exhaust uberdata ecu and made 210 whp last year (other mods too, but nothing that would make a big dif)

i think the max power you can make outta that turbo is about 240 or so

you cannot run more than 9-10 psi on the piggyback fuel management that comes with the kit

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
i usually go by the guideline that 1psi=10hp. in cases of shitty tuning, less. inc cases of nice tuning, maybe 15hp. also depends on engine size.

but lets say i have a d16z6 and a t3/t4 [email protected] with no tuning whatsoever and then i go out and race a 99 civic ex with a gsr swap and beat him, what kind of numbers do you think i am making versus the boost?

and thats no hypothetical question. i beat that civic about an hour ago. :lol2 :ninja

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ksniperfox said:
i usually go by the guideline that 1psi=10hp. in cases of shitty tuning, less. inc cases of nice tuning, maybe 15hp. also depends on engine size.

but lets say i have a d16z6 and a t3/t4 [email protected] with no tuning whatsoever

well....really its the CFM that you should be going by......example a k03 at 10 psi is smoked by a 18g at 5 psi...its all about the air you move not the pressure you move it under

waht trim size is your t3t4?...how do you have no tuning?..waht are you using for fuel?..did you get a pre tuned ecu or something?

·
Registered
83 Posts
soul 93 said:
well....really its the CFM that you should be going by......example a k03 at 10 psi is smoked by a 18g at 5 psi...its all about the air you move not the pressure you move it under

waht trim size is your t3t4?...how do you have no tuning?..waht are you using for fuel?..did you get a pre tuned ecu or something?
I have know idea what you just said :confused . I need to learn more about F.I :bash

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:

i think its .48 somethin like that. by no tuning i mean i havent taken it to a dyno or had the chip re-flashed, no wideband or hondata. for fuel is a obx 12:1 fmu for the present. saving for hondata s300.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
im thinking of going with hondata myself, thats all anybody will tune with around here. A buddy of mine says he can tune it with motek if i decide i want to use that

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ksniperfox said:
i think its .48 somethin like that. by no tuning i mean i havent taken it to a dyno or had the chip re-flashed, no wideband or hondata. for fuel is a obx 12:1 fmu for the present. saving for hondata s300.

thats crazy.....i needed the black box when i first put my turbo in....it kept going into limp mode...and i had an fmu too....weird

.48 is prolly the turbine side..im sure your compressor is bigger

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
dominicanz said:
I have know idea what you just said :confused . I need to learn more about F.I :bash

CFM means cubic feet per min..a measure of air volume
psi= pounds per square inch.. a measure of pressure

K03 and 18G are turbos...the k03 is very small from an audi a4 or s4, 18 g is much bigger version of the turbo that comes with the greddy kit or on the eclipse or evo (there are 15g's 16g's 18 and 20 fyi)

trim describes the size of the 2 major parts of the turbo..turbine is what powers the compressor by way of exhaust gasses (the smaller teh faster the spool up) the compressor is what charges the air.. the bigger the more air is moved/more hp

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
thats crazy.....i needed the black box when i first put my turbo in....it kept going into limp mode...and i had an fmu too....weird

.48 is prolly the turbine side..im sure your compressor is bigger
whats limp mode?

i think the t4 is the compressor one
whats the black box?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ksniperfox said:
whats limp mode?

i think the t4 is the compressor one
whats the black box?

yeah...the t3 t4 is a hybrid its a t3 turbine housing and a t04e or t04b compressor housing...but they make dif trim sizes for both sides

my t3t4 is a .48 turbine .60 compressor

the black box is the FIRST piggyback fuel controller greddy put out with there turbo kits..the blue box was the same thing jsut a newer version......it is a greddy emanage that is preprogrammed for what ever car the turbo kit is for

limp mode is when your ecu senses something very wrong with the way your car is running and answers by retarding the timing and basically all but shutting down the car...so for the first few days whenever i hit boost it would trip the CEL and go to limp mode ...so i would have to pull over and turn the car off then back on and continue on my way

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
yeah...the t3 t4 is a hybrid its a t3 turbine housing and a t04e or t04b compressor housing...but they make dif trim sizes for both sides

my t3t4 is a .48 turbine .60 compressor

the black box is the FIRST piggyback fuel controller greddy put out with there turbo kits..the blue box was the same thing jsut a newer version......it is a greddy emanage that is preprogrammed for what ever car the turbo kit is for

limp mode is when your ecu senses something very wrong with the way your car is running and answers by retarding the timing and basically all but shutting down the car...so for the first few days whenever i hit boost it would trip the CEL and go to limp mode ...so i would have to pull over and turn the car off then back on and continue on my way
that sucks. im pretty sure i know why my check engine light is on.
1-the MAP sensor detects positive air pressure in the intake manifold-which it isnt supposed to detect as it is naturally aspirated factory.
2-the oxygen sensor in the heaer isnt connected.
but mine doesnt run in the limp mode youre talkin about. i just get really shitty gas mileage.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ksniperfox said:
that sucks. im pretty sure i know why my check engine light is on.
1-the MAP sensor detects positive air pressure in the intake manifold-which it isnt supposed to detect as it is naturally aspirated factory.
2-the oxygen sensor in the heaer isnt connected.
but mine doesnt run in the limp mode youre talkin about. i just get really shitty gas mileage.

your lucky

and bad gas mileage come with the teritory

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
your lucky

and bad gas mileage come with the teritory
btw, how does your downpipe/IC pipe routing go?

its a long story about why i dont have a downpipe..if you could let me know how yours is it might help me.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
um... im sure you have a downpipe.....its the exhaust pipe that bolts up to your turbo....if you didnt have one you would be blowing flames all inside your engine bay

my ic piping comes off the turbo and wraps around the driver side of my rad and into the ic then out and up through the hole where the intake used to draw air from and into the TB....prolly the same as yours and most peeps

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
um... im sure you have a downpipe.....its the exhaust pipe that bolts up to your turbo....if you didnt have one you would be blowing flames all inside your engine bay

my ic piping comes off the turbo and wraps around the driver side of my rad and into the ic then out and up through the hole where the intake used to draw air from and into the TB....prolly the same as yours and most peeps
thats what i thought..and n0, i dont have a downpipe. im serious. there arent 'flames' because nothing has melted yet and its been about a month.

i took it to the local perf. shop and they said my turbo was on backwards, that the current IC pipe routing is blocking where the DP should go under the oil pan. but my setup looks like yours, just no DP. so i took my whole turbo off and apart and turned it around, but then the turbo compressor side points straight toward the bumper and not downward. it wont swivel straight down, it does turn, but only like 3 inches at a time cause the screws have to go back in it. its the same as most peeps but i have no dp and it sounds like a semi. its safe so far, the only thing i hate is cleaning exhaust off the side of my car every now and then. it comes off, just a bitch to get out. :bash :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts