Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going turbo here inthe next few month i am coming into some money not much but a little.. I was wondering how much does the greddy kit cost and where is the best place to pick one up. and what all does it come with..... thanks....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have seen them as low as $1350/shipped. The kit comes complete enough for you to run the stock boost of 5.5psi. If you are going to boost higher than that I would strongly recommend a BOV and an intercooler.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i dont know to much about turbo's but intercooled seems the way to go? get air/fuel gauge.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
civic29 said:
I am going turbo here inthe next few month i am coming into some money not much but a little.. I was wondering how much does the greddy kit cost and where is the best place to pick one up. and what all does it come with..... thanks....
If you get the Greddy t3/t4 kit, do an inventory of the parts using the supplied instructions. I know more then one person that had pieces missing and Greddy's C/S was very slow in responding to their needs. The instructions were pretty good, but if your nervous about things like drilling and tapping your oil pan, then take the kit to a pro. and have them do the installation. Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
guest said:
i dont know to much about turbo's but intercooled seems the way to go? get air/fuel gauge.
I used to have a Greddy Turbo Kit for my SOHC civic. I would not get the a/f ratio guage. I would invest in the extra money and get an EGT guage. More accurate vice the A/F guage.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
TCivicEX said:
I used to have a Greddy Turbo Kit for my SOHC civic. I would not get the a/f ratio guage. I would invest in the extra money and get an EGT guage. More accurate vice the A/F guage.
that depends on which air/fuel gauge he gets and where he mounts the EGT gauge. EGT gauges are useless if mounted in a single exhaust runner...they need to be mounted in the manifold/header collector to read properly.

a wide band O2 sensor is just as good and better than an EGT gauge as you can STILL be running rich yet have skyrocketing egt's...

continuing on....

greddy kit is great for the money and I got mine back in the day for $1400 shipped from ebay but I did my research for a few weeks on sellers before buying and checked feedback ratings, etc to make sure I didn't get a fly by night company....

Also, first upgrade you want is to get a bov so you can adjust the wastegate up for more boost without compressor surge....then an intercooler and you'll be more than happy with it @ 10psi until you're ready to graduate to stand-alone school with a T3...:D

·
Registered
793 Posts
A Greddy Kit is a good kit, for people just starting with a turbo projects, but after u get one u want to go with a custom kit and a bigger turbo, the 15G is small, why not look into the 96-00 kits that come with a 19T and a Greddy E Manage they 19T is said to support a bit over 300hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts