Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering about how much whp a Greddy Turbo kit with intercooler would net on a stock H22. Then how about with some work done like P&P, Hondata, Mugen header, 3" exhaust and cams? I'm trying to figure out how much horse I could squeeze out of a nearly stock boost level greddy kit and weather it would beat a Jackson Racing blower with Endyn Mod. Remember this is on stock internals.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
prelude707 said:
Hey, I was just wondering about how much whp a Greddy Turbo kit with intercooler would net on a stock H22. Then how about with some work done like P&P, Hondata, Mugen header, 3" exhaust and cams? I'm trying to figure out how much horse I could squeeze out of a nearly stock boost level greddy kit and weather it would beat a Jackson Racing blower with Endyn Mod. Remember this is on stock internals.
i think most people put out around 240-250.....some of the turbo guys could prolly help you out a lil more....once you start building the motor the whp is indefinite...only the tune will allow you to know.

and you cant put on a header when you have a turbo.

·
Registered
578 Posts
lol no header with a turbo......

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that 240ish on the stock engine or with the mods?

Lol, can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. I meant header for the blower and intake manifold for the turbo.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
prelude707 said:
Is that 240ish on the stock engine or with the mods?

Lol, can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. I meant header for the blower and intake manifold for the turbo.
depends on the tune man....the greddy comes with a blue box which has a base tune on it from greddy that is vehicle specific. 240 with stock internals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
just a work of advice dont use the blue box it runs ur car dumb rich, just get a hondata or something like it and u will make more power , I have a custom turbo kit with a t3/t4 60-1 venom intake mani, aem rail , bigger injectors , and full 3 inch exhaust , all controled with hondata , oh and also stock internals for now .... going to the dyno tommorow to tune it right im gonna post the numbers when i get back ....
why do u wanna go with the greddy kit ?
try lookin at rev hard if u dont wanna go custom ,, the greddy kit is a small turbo and when and if u build the motor u will have to get a new turbo ,, think about piecing a kit together the most expensive parts are the turbo and EMS, just my 2cents

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
boostedlude97 said:
just a work of advice dont use the blue box it runs ur car dumb rich, just get a hondata or something like it and u will make more power , I have a custom turbo kit with a t3/t4 60-1 venom intake mani, aem rail , bigger injectors , and full 3 inch exhaust , all controled with hondata , oh and also stock internals for now .... going to the dyno tommorow to tune it right im gonna post the numbers when i get back ....
why do u wanna go with the greddy kit ?
try lookin at rev hard if u dont wanna go custom ,, the greddy kit is a small turbo and when and if u build the motor u will have to get a new turbo ,, think about piecing a kit together the most expensive parts are the turbo and EMS, just my 2cents
its the safest kit on the market....if he were smart he would go with it, you can always upgrade the turbo when the motor is built.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
stock kit on stock motor at 6psi makes about 220whp and 200wtq. same at 8 psi will make around 240whp. larger dp and 3" exhaust at 6psi will make about 240-250whp.

the blue box is tuned to be rich for a reason... safety. this is best for most people.

i wouldnt get revhard unless the motor is already built and hondata is already in hand.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So that's 240-250 whp at 6psi with those few mods and without being tuned on Hondata yet? Sounds good. I think Jackson Racing might have lost a customer. :p

·
Registered
440 Posts
anybody have one of these on a 4th gen? why are they all 97 and up? because of obd1?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
tourhcky said:
anybody have one of these on a 4th gen? why are they all 97 and up? because of obd1?
never seen one on a 4th gen. and they actually arent "made" for 99 and up preludes, just 97 and 98 because the blue box is tuned for their ecu's. but if you're not using the blue box it can be put on 99+ models.

*edit* just wanted to add for sh owners... if you want to run the greddy kit all you need to do is have a downpipe made to fit and tune with something other than the blue box.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
gfresh86 said:
waht kinda setup do you have on yur lude that allows u to get 13.1 on the quarter mile.what other parts could we add to squeeze power out of the greddy kit on the stock motor?
greddy kit + 3" full exhaust, i believe he ran drag radials tho...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
H22Power_521 said:
never seen one on a 4th gen. and they actually arent "made" for 99 and up preludes, just 97 and 98 because the blue box is tuned for their ecu's. but if you're not using the blue box it can be put on 99+ models.

*edit* just wanted to add for sh owners... if you want to run the greddy kit all you need to do is have a downpipe made to fit and tune with something other than the blue box.

i really want the greddy kit :( but noone around here can tune emanage. I dont want hondata .... too bad i didnt get a base or i would have the greddy kit already.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.