Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Everyone,

I have been having this problem intermitently for a few months now on my 2000 accord ex v6. The green immobilizer key on the dashboard keeps blinking which is preventing my car from starting. Initially i thought it was the alarm due to the reason that it has a remote start. However when i disabled the alarm the immobilizer light kept blinking. Then i thought it was the battery. I took the battery and had it tested at both RS Strauss and Pep Boys. Both confirmed the battery was no good. For a moment i thought this was the reason the immobilizer light kept blinking. I ran to sears and picked up a gold die hard battery and installed it. Still same problem! I tried three different keys just to make sure it wasnt a bad key but the light still keeps blinking. The car was starting up fine for a while then the problem occured two weeks ago after a bad snow storm in which the car sat for two weeks. After the snow storm i gave the car a boost and it turned on without a problem. Each morning for a week I would turn on the car in the morning just to make sure it started. Then this weekend we had a bad rain storm which lasted for three days and the problem re-occured. The light would not stop blinking. I feel this is the main reason my car does not start, My question now is what causes this light to blink, besides faulty keys or battery which we ruled out?

I thought maybe the main relay as i heard these cars suffer from that but would a bad main relay cause the immobilizer light to blink?

Has anyone ever had their immobilizer light keep blinking?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i tried to tap on the main relay because i heard if the relay is bad sometimes this will allow the car to start. However when i turn the ignition the car is completely dead. The battery appears as if its completely drained. This is a brand new Die Hard Battery i purchased less than a week ago. When i turn the ignition switch the dashboard flickers then dies. Im at the end of my wits. Can someone offer some advice?

·
Registered
127 Posts
If the lights blinks and doesn't turn the engine it seems like a bad ignition switch. If not the ignition switch it could be that immobilizer in the ecu lost signal with the keys transponder. This happened to my cousins car when i borrowed it but his was worser, his car would turn off while driving and the green key would just blink non stop for about 2 minutes. But don't take my word on either of those it just sounds like the same prob I had with my cousins car.

Let me know if any of those fix your prob.

-Oscar

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
the problem is with the key or the immobilizer in the ecu itself. have the ecu checked out and the batteries in the keys.

the battery drain could actually be a separate problem since its not running all the time like normal you don't recharge it enough like normal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sup guys,

Im still having the same problem. I recently found out that my car has a parasitic draw. I guess my question is, could a parasitic Drain cause the Green Immobilizer Key to Keep Blinking if the car sits for a couple of days?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The light blinks when a key that is not programmed to the imobi system is put in the ignition.
Is your key cracked or broken in any way?.. does it have a t5 stamped on the blade?
The draw could be many things, how much of draw is there?
If it was the main relay your car would not start at all, this runs a majority of the efi system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts