Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok anyone who has a grille (lower grille only) post a pic of it, and name where you got it and what kind it is too. Now im only talking about the lower grille, NOT the upper grille. I want to get a nice grille but i do not want to spend 200 some dollars from grille tech just to get a piece of metal.. What are my other options, i searched and people said get them from home depot or lowes. Pics anyone? later

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't have a really good picture of the grill itself, but here is a decent pic of the front end of my car.

I went and bought some "Gutter Guard" from Home Depot or Lowes. It was only a few bucks, but you definitely have to paint it because it will tarnish and turn dull. I didn't know this at first and mine tarnished, so I bought some sandpaper, primer, black paint and clear coat and went to town on all of my grills. I like it so much better than the silver anyway. If you want a better pic, lemme know and I will try and get one soon.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
yes gutter gaurd works great :tu

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I'm not really a fan of grilles but I think I'm going to put one on to protect my intercooler.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that looks nice, Did you have to paint it, or does it come silver? I might get gutter gard then, is it from home depot or lowes? Like i said i would get one from grilletech, but 170 for the grille plus shipping is stupid, not that i cant afford it, but just to much imo.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I got mine at Home Depot, but I'm sure Lowes has the stuff as well. It comes in sections like 8"x32", maybe a little shorter I don't remember exactly. Yeah paying that much is rediculous. I havn't painted mine but I will probaly paint it one day, but it's been on there for almost 5 years and still looks alright to me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Paint it, you probably can't tell from importcr00's picture, but after 5 years it's definitley tarnished. Mine turned ugly after a few months and I couldn't stand it. I did all of my grills with like two or three sheets of gutterguard and one can of primer, one can of paint and one can of clearcoat. They sell silver paint if you want to keep it silver, but I personally like mine a lot better in black than I did silver (I had them painted silver for a while, but got tired of it). I think I got mine at Lowes. I also tried cutting with a dremel, but it kept heating up the plastic and melting onto it self, so I just used a parring knife (PITA) and cut away all the plastic that I didn't think I needed. It does do a lot of protecting actually because when the butterfly swarm hit Texas I never had to clean off my radiator because the grill caught most of the bugs and hardly any rocks can get in between the little holes...so it does serve a purpose :D . I like the look of the Si upper grill better because the trim is deeper than the stock one, though. But I know you said lower only.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good stuff guys, answered everything, im still debating on gutter gaurd or the apc grille from pep boys lol..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts