Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ,,,

im having an issue with my ride,.. at high rpms past 6500 when i shft into third i feel that its grinding ...but at lower rpms it doesnt,,,, a friend told me that it might be my synchros' ... would that be the case ??..or do could it be that i just need a new clutch.>> what could be causing this >?

thanks
jo

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Try synchromesh made by Pennzoil, Royal Purple, GM.... they are all really about the same. It may fix your problem, it did for me. About 20 miles after I put it in it stopped the grinding. I went with the Pennzoil version becasue I could get it at Advanced Auto. If the Royal Purple had been easily available I would have used it.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Mr GSR said:
Try synchromesh made by Pennzoil, Royal Purple, GM.... they are all really about the same. It may fix your problem, it did for me. About 20 miles after I put it in it stopped the grinding. I went with the Pennzoil version becasue I could get it at Advanced Auto. If the Royal Purple had been easily available I would have used it.
what he said..but yup its sycros. 3rd gear is nor-tor-re-us...<--I cant spell but u get it :bash

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mr GSR said:

I had the same problem in 3rd. Did this and it helped a lot.

·
Registered
153 Posts
same happen to me... y do all integras have such bad third gears? almost everyone i kno with an integra,their third gear goes....

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
INsan3TEGRA said:
same happen to me... y do all integras have such bad third gears? almost everyone i kno with an integra,their third gear goes....
Because people don't know how to drive. Please use the clutch and shift after you fully push the cluth it. Don't let the cluth out until after you finich shifting.

I'm sure that if you shifted slower (or properly) even after 6500rpm you wouldn't hear the grinding.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
INsan3TEGRA said:
Actually, it's ever Honda.... very common problem. Even Apllo had his faults.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.