Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a basic question on Coilovers in general. If you were to change the height dramatically (let's say about an inch) would u have get another alignment done?.. or am i just talking nonsense?

Also, which shocks go pretty well with GC's (that are a pretty good price)? I was thinking Koni yellows since they have a rep for being the best street shocks, but for the price of Koni's and GC's.. I could be getting a real coilover system.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you drop another inch then yes you'll need an alignment. So it's best to settle on a ride height first then get an alignment. Then nice thing is...if you want to chenge it again temporarily like for show or just to slam it for a weekend or something, then bring it back to the height you had it aligned at (use a tape measure from the ground to the bottom of the fenderwell) your alignment setting will still be true due to Honda's ingenious suspension.

I'm using KYB AGX's with my GC's and it's one of the nicest setups I've experienced so far.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm going to be running GC's on Bilstein HD's (since I already have them).

But, like you were saying I would get full coilovers since the sleeves and good shocks are going to cost you a bunch anyhow.

www.coximport.com has Tokico true coilovers for $899 w/ free shipping.

I know Tokico make good shocks and would imagine the coilovers are no different.

As far as the adjustment and alignment, the previous statement is correct!!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info

899 tokico coilovers is pretty cheap! I'll probably either get that or TEIN. I was thinking Progress would probably be the cheapest, but there over 1k, how junky...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was thikning about GC's and Konis also.

Would that be equivilent to toxico's? better? worse?

Also, i heard Tiens are one of the top brands, way better than toxico.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I"m not sure if the Tokico coilover kit is actually better than GC's and Koni's... but the nice thing about it is that the spring rate and shocks are supposed to matched up for performance and streetablilty. But as far as shocks go, I think it's pretty much been said that Koni yellows are pretty much the best shocks that you can buy- durability and adjustability. I've heard that Illuminas tend to not last all that long.. but there's been mixed posts on that.

I don't know if I'd consider TEIN as one of the best.... it's definitely one of the cheapest, goes for around 900 also. There are more expensive coilover sets out there that go for around 2-3k, like Apexi, Zeal, Mugen, and more. Check out modacar for the going rate around the internet...but I wouldn't buy from them after seeing what one other forum member said happend to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts