Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the setup i have a g2 integra and I need a reliable shock that would not bust right away

I will be lowering my car max 2" and be driving lowered spring/summer/fall and I will perch it back up during winter time

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look into investing in a set of Koni Sports (yellows), but prepare to spend about $500 or so.

Oh one more thing, Ground Control coilover sleeves are designed to work with certain types of shocks. Be sure you know what kind you have and I believe there is a type of adapter to make the Konis fit through the sleeve.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i remember that if u had koni yellows u have to buy a GC that is specially made for the koni yellows, so u would have to get another type of shock, i recommend tokico illuminas

if im wrong about that can someone tell me cuz i have yellows and i really want GC's

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Buy KYB AGX's. If you buy Koni or Bilsten you have to pay 40 bucks extra for the adapter for your ground controls.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I am not sure. You might have to send ground control an email or call them.

Do you already have Koni or Bilsten shocks?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
UCRaccordV6 said:
i remember that if u had koni yellows u have to buy a GC that is specially made for the koni yellows, so u would have to get another type of shock, i recommend tokico illuminas

if im wrong about that can someone tell me cuz i have yellows and i really want GC's
You are right!! They are about $40 more total cost for the GC's that fit Bilstein and Koni Yellows.

I have Bilsteins and getting GC's shortly!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
LX98Civic said:

You are right!! They are about $40 more total cost for the GC's that fit Bilstein and Koni Yellows.

I have Bilsteins and getting GC's shortly!
cuz i want to get some used ones, i was wondering if i could get used ones that donet have adapter and go to a store and by that adapter
thanks, im still kinda confused by if u mean i can get it together or just buy the adapter

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
UCRaccordV6 said:

cuz i want to get some used ones, i was wondering if i could get used ones that donet have adapter and go to a store and by that adapter
thanks, im still kinda confused by if u mean i can get it together or just buy the adapter
Then you are fine. Just buy the ones with the adapter on them. Check out groupbuy. Make sure you tell them you have koni shocks. They will set you up. I paid 290 for mine shipped. Yours will be 40 bucks more then the ones they sell because of the adapters you need.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
deMad10 said:

Then you are fine. Just buy the ones with the adapter on them. Check out groupbuy. Make sure you tell them you have koni shocks. They will set you up. I paid 290 for mine shipped. Yours will be 40 bucks more then the ones they sell because of the adapters you need.
no i mean someone is selling their GC's used and i was wondering if i can just get the adapters somewhere else, there GC;s dont ahve the adapters on them

thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
UCRaccordV6 said:

no i mean someone is selling their GC's used and i was wondering if i can just get the adapters somewhere else, there GC;s dont ahve the adapters on them

thanks
Ground Controls are good. I don't know how many people will be wanting to get rid of them. You could always call ground control and ask them.

Their number is (530)677-8600.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.