Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE WHO CURRENTLY HAS GC's PLZ RESPOND.

One of my friends has GC's and has had them for a few months. He has blown 3 tires since then. Is that something to do with GC's? Has this happened to anyone else?

I ask because i plan on putting them on my 2000 Civic EX, that and koni yellows. Before i do, i wanna make sure that this isnt a defect in GC's.

Plz Respond GC Owners.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
maybe he is running of spikes...going in parking garages through the out exit??

· Registered
49 Posts
the springs have nothing to do with the tires blowing. the only thing that would relate to the tires blowing is how much the car is drop resulting in negative camber that would wear the inside of the tires to the point to blowing. if your friend slammed his car to the ground without getting a camber kit, then thats probably why his tires blew. if your running with -3-4 degree camber and your toe being hella off, say goodbye to your tires in a couple of months.

· Registered
63 Posts
a lot of people that i asked about gc said that there the best way to go. the springs are made by eibach and it is quality. I've had them for almost a year and no problem what so ever. Also depending on how low you are thinking about lowering your car, you might wanna check out shocks next.

· Registered
323 Posts
I don't recommend coilover sleeves, but not too many people listen to me regarding that :)

Anyway, just FYI, there is a known problem with GCs and Koni Yellows. The GCs come off the top hat at full droop, which is a very bad situation when cornering hard at high speed (it causes instability as soon as weight returns to that corner - basically a spinout hazard).

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Bampf said:
I don't recommend coilover sleeves, but not too many people listen to me regarding that :)

Anyway, just FYI, there is a known problem with GCs and Koni Yellows. The GCs come off the top hat at full droop, which is a very bad situation when cornering hard at high speed (it causes instability as soon as weight returns to that corner - basically a spinout hazard).
Is this problem there with the Bilstein applications? They are special applications like the Konis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.