Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a law officer say about making an anonymous tip about a small time "Grow house"?

I know someone who's got a LOT of plants in the backyard and attic of the house.

What would happen if a note was dropped or hinted about a specific location? Who do you contact?

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
you contact the local police department..they will investigate and go from there...they may ask you how you knwo and all that...its not real difficult..jsut call them up or go down there

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im asking because i don't know what the legal ramifications are towards me. I mean there has to be 150% anonymity on my part. I don't want them finding out i had somethin to do with it. I know the details about who/what/where/when why it happens because I used to be close to those in the 'house'

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
im asking because i don't know what the legal ramifications are towards me. I mean there has to be 150% anonymity on my part. I don't want them finding out i had somethin to do with it. I know the details about who/what/where/when why it happens because I used to be close to those in the 'house'
Just call them then..If you are that worried jsut call the station...tell them you want to give an annoymous tip regarding drug activity in a house.>Tellt hem what you know..dont give them your name..and you're good to go.

If they are in the backyard, the officers are going to see if they can see them without going into the house..if they can..fair game..game over.

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
Just call them then..If you are that worried jsut call the station...tell them you want to give an annoymous tip regarding drug activity in a house.>Tellt hem what you know..dont give them your name..and you're good to go.

If they are in the backyard, the officers are going to see if they can see them without going into the house..if they can..fair game..game over.
x2

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they won't trace the call back to me will they? im afraid to because i've been in the house before as a guest and i've seen the plants and been in the room they were at. i don't want prints leading back to me somehow.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
do it, help the community a lil <cough>:ninja

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
you wont open a can of worms..they wont trace it to you..dont worry..and so what if they find prints..prints place you there..rints dont place you doing anything illegal there..you are way to worried about it..

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
If you're that paranoid do it from a Payphone that isn't anywhere near a business or something that would have cameras. On a side note, I wouldn't be as worried about legal ramifications as I would the growers finding out that I stuck my nose somewhere it shouldn't have been. Pot peddlers aren't generally known to be violent people but you never know. Just the fact that you know these people and have been in their house before is enough to warrant suspicion so you might want to think this over a few more times then if you decide to go through with it choose your moves wisely.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is exactly my fear.... that they'll find out it was me. I am rethinking it, however, it's still an option I want to hold for the future when the time is right. I no longer have contact with these people.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
stop bein a bitch and turn 'em in...if it's bothering you that much you should turn 'em in. I don't see how the growers are going to trace it back to you - unless you were actin all sketchy when you were there or had bad blood with them. The cops don't really care who turns people in as much as they do about stopping the illegal activity...

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
remove the competition.....uuhh i mean the bad bad guys!!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
why do you care what someone else is doing in the privacy of their own home, there is no reason you need to be getting involved in this, get over it and just ignore them.. are they hurting you in any way?? doing something that directly effects you or your family? im sure the answer is no, so stop being a fucking narc

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
did they short you or something?

·
Registered
141 Posts
why do you care what someone else is doing in the privacy of their own home, there is no reason you need to be getting involved in this, get over it and just ignore them.. are they hurting you in any way?? doing something that directly effects you or your family? im sure the answer is no, so stop being a fucking narc
Plus 1.
Why would you snitch? Who are you to judge anybody and how they make a living? I'm sure you don't go through life doing everything by the book and if you do, your a sucker. Don't be mad cuz you got a .7 . Just from your posts i can see your trying to seek revenge or tryin to justify something and word of advice this si not the way to go. Theres no way for you to rat them out without them finding out. You will go to court, they will see you. They will go to jail, they will call there cousins, and your in some serious shit... Now ask yourself...is the juice really worth the squeeze?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.