Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if you guys could give me an opinion on my setup.
i have a gsr motor and am planning to build it up turbo style.

modifications:
get new sleeves (i heard that sleeves slow you down is that correct?) am gonna get new pistons turbo 9.0.1 pistions from JE. Crower 4340 steel billet rods (should i balanced my crank?) WHAT ABOUT THE BOTTEM END SO I PORT IT TOO? IF SO HOW BIG?

the head am planning to get all crowers
CNC TITANIUM RETAINERS
CAM SPROCKETS
STAINLESS STEEL VALVES
VALVE SPRINGS (Hi-Pres. Dual Race)
STAGE 2 CAMSHAFTS FOR TURBO (SHOULD I PORT MY HEAD TOO?, IF SO HOW BIG?)

am getting everything, I KNOW ITS GONNA COST ALOT OF MONEY BUT CAN I REALLY GET YOUR OPINION I WOULD REALLY APPREICATED IT
THANKS

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
If your building it for turbo dont touch the head. Build the bottom end. Then if you have money left over worry about to head.
Good advice. The head is a relatively small priority for turbo. Just concentrate on getting the block strong/reliable enough to boost what you want.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I believe there will be more pressure on the retainers because the valves are trapping more pressure, so upgrade them if you are running enough boost to warrant sleeves. You are definitely going to need pistons, rods, a boost controller, engine management, and injectors before you need sleeves. If you want a stronger and fully counterweighted, get an ITR crank.

Read this article and then ask questions. you can skip the whole "what is a turbo" part, but there is some good information on how much boost the the engine can handle with certain upgrades.

http://www.team-integra .net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=325

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.