Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Civic (or anyone who knows what there talking about) guys.

I have a 96 Civic Hatch (DX) with a 98 B18C engine, it is the B18C and so thats from a JDM SiR-G Honda Integra. It's a nice motor and all but I have to get this thing passed emmisions next year and would like to know if anyone has the same swap or something very close to it.

I am running into the problems that the USDM ECU (Needed to run inspection) is asking for parts not on the Civic. This is not such a big deal. I have found that I could fix/solve most of them. However the gas tank pressure sensor is driving me crazy. I have found the link below.

http://www.phear7imports.net/trey/6gen/

It's very usefull, however I need to do something about the sensor other then wait 10 seconds befor starting.

Also what have you guys done to better your car after the swap?

Thanks

oh ya, if I drive with a JDM ECU just for the 11 months betwen inspections would it plug into my USDM connectors (From the engine bay)...I guess what I am asking is if I take out my USDM ECU (Simply unplug it) will I be able to just plug in a JDM ECU?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
i know the connectors are the same on the obd1 jdm and usdm ecu's. but i'm not sure on the obd2's. i'd lean toward yes they will just plug and play.

the code for the sensor would just be annoying. do they turn the car off and restart it quickly in the testing? cause even when you turn the key on on the stock motor you hear it pressurize the system, then click the fuel pump off. not sure on what to do except maybe find a way to keep the fuel pressure up when the car is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.