Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. I have a 1995 Del sol Si(SOHC VTEC) with about 102,000 miles on it.. Im looking into the whole engine swap deal.. I want to put a GSR engine in it.. Now for my questions...

1) What year GSR engine do i need to buy? OBD1 OBD2 questions...

2) If i get a JRSC on the GSR engine.. will it all fit into my del sol?

3) During inspections and emmision tests... Do i need to tell them i swapped the engine for a XXXXX engine..?

4) Insurance wise.. do i need to tell them?

5) Where can i get the COMPLETE GSR engine swap cheap?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
jlui83 said:
ok.. I have a 1995 Del sol Si(SOHC VTEC) with about 102,000 miles on it.. Im looking into the whole engine swap deal.. I want to put a GSR engine in it.. Now for my questions...

1) What year GSR engine do i need to buy? OBD1 OBD2 questions...

2) If i get a JRSC on the GSR engine.. will it all fit into my del sol?

3) During inspections and emmision tests... Do i need to tell them i swapped the engine for a XXXXX engine..?

4) Insurance wise.. do i need to tell them?

5) Where can i get the COMPLETE GSR engine swap cheap?

Thanks
Are you in california??? If you are then you need:

1) 94 or 95 OBD1 engine. Technically you need a 95 but since there is no differenc between the two just say it's a 95 if it's a 94 they won't check anyways.

2) Yes the JRSC will fit. Have fun getting traction with all that torque!

3) Yes but first you need to schedule an appointment with the referee scheduling center at 1-800-622-7733 this is California only. They will help you get to the closest station to get checked and I suggest you don't put the supercharger on till after you get the swap legalized as a engine changeover. This will make it easier to troubleshoot when it doesn't pass the first couple of times. It won't pass the first time I promise. Then add the JRSC and any other stuff you have after so you only have to deal with that stuff after 2 more years.

4) You don't have to it has no bearing on your insurance

5) Anywhere that is cheap..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts