Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what does everyones GSR idle at, mine idles at like 1200 is that normal?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
95db8 said:
when cold, mine is at 1200- 1500rpm, then when its warmed up fully, it idles from 950 -1000.

keep an eye on it and you'll see the temp affects idle speeds. :byye

my buddy's gsr idles close to 1500 when cold, but once it warms up it actually hovers around 850-900... a bit more extreme than yours, but whatever...

whats with the big font up there?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was testin out the font thing to see how big it was, you guys think I should have it adjusted?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it seems like the idle kinda fluctuates it will be around 1200 to 1400 around in there when I am at like the stop light and I dont have it in gear it goes down but when its in gear seems like it higher. Is this normal?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Accord_VTEC2 said:
it seems like the idle kinda fluctuates it will be around 1200 to 1400 around in there when I am at like the stop light and I dont have it in gear it goes down but when its in gear seems like it higher. Is this normal?

it shouldnt matter in gear or not, cuz having the clutch in is like a temporary neutral position at a stop.

so again, check your temps and how long youve been driving it, etc. and let us know, that would better help someone to let you know how normal or abnormal your idle speed is.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
95db8 said:
it shouldnt matter in gear or not, cuz having the clutch in is like a temporary neutral position at a stop.

so again, check your temps and how long youve been driving it, etc. and let us know, that would better help someone to let you know how normal or abnormal your idle speed is.

I think he has an auto home boy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the temp is a little past the C on the temp guage...

never heard of an automatic GSR??? j/k

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Accord_VTEC2 said:
the temp will be up like a little past the C where it says the temp of the motor.

well, i consider that normal operating temp, cuz i run my heat and that cools the motor down a lot. and even if you dont, its on its way. so i would say your idle at stop lights problem doesnt sound too normal, but i wouldnt worry about it, this morning, i was idling at frikkin 2k rpms. and i kept revvin it trying to get it down a lil, only went down to 1800, anyways...these motors do this, and they normalize the longer you keep em warm. (drive)

hobie237 said:
the general consensus is that the car is fine. if you are still worried, have somebody who knows what they are doing look at it
:nod

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
95db8 said:
well, i consider that normal operating temp, cuz i run my heat and that cools the motor down a lot. and even if you dont, its on its way. so i would say your idle at stop lights problem doesnt sound too normal, but i wouldnt worry about it, this morning, i was idling at frikkin 2k rpms. and i kept revvin it trying to get it down a lil, only went down to 1800, anyways...these motors do this, and they normalize the longer you keep em warm. (drive)

:nod
yeah mine idles at like 2k when i first crank it. then it slowly drops as i drive and temps rise. there is a valve that allows air to bypass the throttle plate causing it to idle higher. the valve slowly closes as temps rise.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.