Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am trying to get as much info on this possible so when the time comes I just have to make the calls and drop the car off.

At this point I am leaning towards www.hondamotorsonline.com for the B18C1. Since I've heard they are reliable and have good engines. Also, they claim they'll beat any price. $3,300 plus shipping seems to be fair to me IF it's a good motor.

Here's what's included:

Complete motor and hydro tranny,ecu(P72),axles,shift linkage,stock motor mounts,engine harness and all sensors needed.Motors have under 35,000 miles and come with 100% start up warranty.Lsd tranny equipped available upon inquireing.(JDM and USDM spec available). Motors come with no sensors broken guarantee.

Is all that listed above OEM GSR parts? Is there anything else the installers will need for the swap to go in?

What ecu is a P72?

Should I look into the Lsd tranny upgrade or use the hydro tranny? What the hell is a hydro tranny?

Shift linkage is everything needed including the shifter, right?

How long should it take for a B18C1 in a h/b? I called a local shop and they said about a week @$850 if there are NO major problems. The guy said they deal with a lot of imports. I wanted to ask the guy "how would there be any problems since this is suppose to be a direct swap??"

Thanks for the info on this!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i've never ordered a motor online but it seems to be a high price.
if it comes with everything in excellent shape then it may be worth it.

the LSD tranny they are speaking of is probably the optional ITR tranny with stock LSD, either JDM or USDM. if it's only a couple hundred more then get the ITR tranny.

the P72 ECU is the GSR one, mapped for the B18C1 motor.

what year hatch? OBD1 or 2?

it's a direct bolt-in to the chassis and should only take 2 or 3 days to install though some shops may need the car for more than that time, either because they are busy or they want it to seem like it's a huge job to do so they can charge more $$. $850 is a good price for a complete install.

you may need to run 2 wires, one for the knock sensor and one for VTEC if you don't have a VTEC equiped car from 93+.

hope this helps.

later

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet said:
i've never ordered a motor online but it seems to be a high price.
if it comes with everything in excellent shape then it may be worth it.

the LSD tranny they are speaking of is probably the optional ITR tranny with stock LSD, either JDM or USDM. if it's only a couple hundred more then get the ITR tranny.

the P72 ECU is the GSR one, mapped for the B18C1 motor.

what year hatch? OBD1 or 2?

it's a direct bolt-in to the chassis and should only take 2 or 3 days to install though some shops may need the car for more than that time, either because they are busy or they want it to seem like it's a huge job to do so they can charge more $$. $850 is a good price for a complete install.

you may need to run 2 wires, one for the knock sensor and one for VTEC if you don't have a VTEC equiped car from 93+.

hope this helps.

later
I'm thinking about tackling the task myself now.
I have two friends that are want to help and plus all you guys here on the different forums. I've seen step by step instructions posted on the web and it doesn't seem that difficult. I'll probably run into a few problems, but it would be an awesome task and give me a LOT of knowledge with swaps. Right now I just have to find the h/b I want and then order the motor. Plus the $$ I save doing it myself can be pocketed or put into a mod :cool:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Ruler said:
hey good to hear u might wanna try it yourself, it
will save u a lot of $$.

I'm currently doing re-search for my future b20z swap,
there is alot of info on the net if u search good.

here's a good link
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.html

good luck:cool:
That's the only site I've found at this point, but VERY helpful at that! I'm saving all the pics and text just in case it goes down or is pulled :p

I'm really going to try and tackle this myself. I hinted around to my dad by asking where can I get a "cherry picker" from. He was like to pull a engine and I was like yeah. He said from any parts store. I asked him because I knew by the answer he gave me I would know if he would help me out or not. ....and that was a VERY good response from him considering yesterday both of them basically chewed me out for wanting "such an ugly / cheap car" and to get rid of the car they basically gave me that they really like more than their 01 Accord.

But, I think pops may chip in and help as needed with the response he gave me. Would of been more like:

ME: Dad, where can I get a cherry picker?

DAD: Get the hell out of here! I'm not talking to you about that damn h/b

:D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
C-Speed racing is a great site to get info from and some parts as well.

if anyone needs help installing motors/parts just let me know, i'm willing to be of assistance. it's really an easy task once you've done it once or twice. first time may take awhile.

later
:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hehe, I wish my dad was more like that, when i told him about
my swap plans he said why the hell would you do that?
your old engine runs fine right? I was like MORE POWER damit
anyways, i just got the engine myself(in the back of my car,REALLY) and when the thing was sitting around in the garage
he was like when are WE gonna install it? I was like ok
tomorrow. We actually did it over the weekend(I had one
big pile of info from the net).
And my dad ended up liking helping out too so.
ZC still runnin great, but now i want a 5th gen B20z hybrid so,
I'm a little afraid to ask him cuz he's prolly gonna say i'm grazy.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Ruler said:
Hehe, I wish my dad was more like that, when i told him about
my swap plans he said why the hell would you do that?
your old engine runs fine right? I was like MORE POWER damit
anyways, i just got the engine myself(in the back of my car,REALLY) and when the thing was sitting around in the garage
he was like when are WE gonna install it? I was like ok
tomorrow. We actually did it over the weekend(I had one
big pile of info from the net).
And my dad ended up liking helping out too so.
ZC still runnin great, but now i want a 5th gen B20z hybrid so,
I'm a little afraid to ask him cuz he's prolly gonna say i'm grazy.
I can't wait to take my dad for a ride in the Hybrid. He's gonna $hit his self :D

I know not to even ask my mom. My driving in the LX scares her :rolleyes:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GayHatch said:
me and my friends did mine, complete rewire, put integra interior in it.....great experience, i recommend it
I'm going to order the engine this coming up week so I can get it ready to go. I'm going to change the timing belt, valve cover gasket, adjust the valves, and change / adjust anything else I can while the engine is out.

Can't wait to get started. I am also going to get a gauge cluster but not sure what's best. Time to do a search......

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
If you need any other swap help, check out www.hondaswap.com . Good luck and have fun with your new engine :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.