Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so im sick and tired of getting tickets for "improper exhaust" so i have decided to get rid of my tanabe muffler and trade it for a friends GSR muffler. My question is are the mufflers the same for the GSR then for the RS/LS or is there any differences. All in all i'll take a small loss in hp for the ease and relaxation of not having to worry about getting a ticket for my exhaust (i've gotten 3 in the last 4 months, 2 of the 3 where in the same month.)

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
There is a small difference, but I'm pretty sure they'll bolt up. The GS-R muffler flows a little better, has a different tip, and the axle-back piping is 2" instead of 1.91".

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
why not get an Apexi WS? sucker is like stock...i'll sell you mine =P i'm going to get a full straight pipe, 2 resonators haha

those tanabe's are so loud! my friend had one...

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah i was having that same prob for awhile so i switch back to stoc myself.. what you might be able to do is get a test pipe instead of your cat and if you still have all the performance exhaust piping with just the stock muffler it will kinda trick the police.. they still try to get behind me but when they see a stock muffler they drive away but they kinda hear me because i have a header,test pipe and 2 in exhaust to a stock muffler .. just a ideal if you want to go that route

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Somtimes I'll see a nicely modified EG with the plainest looking muffler sticking out the back. The muffler always looks stock, but they look brand new and not like the ones that came with EG Cvics.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IntegraXTR said:
why not get an Apexi WS? sucker is like stock...i'll sell you mine =P i'm going to get a full straight pipe, 2 resonators haha

those tanabe's are so loud! my friend had one...

Well according to state law the muffler is the one thing that cant be touched, i can change up the exhaust (I have with some bigger pipping and a straight pipe.), but the muffler under state law can not be touched. So unless the officer has a noise measurer in his car, and i have a stock muffler i cant get a ticket........such a good feeling......over 200 already in muffler tickets, I cant afford that all the time

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
Well according to state law the muffler is the one thing that cant be touched, i can change up the exhaust (I have with some bigger pipping and a straight pipe.), but the muffler under state law can not be touched. So unless the officer has a noise measurer in his car, and i have a stock muffler i cant get a ticket........such a good feeling......over 200 already in muffler tickets, I cant afford that all the time

ohhhhhh i see i see. yeah, those tickets can add up. my friend got 1000 dollars worth in 2 weeks HAHA. and his integra is less modded than mine...it was the tint, drop, and exhaust that nailed him everytime...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Get a type R exhaust.
......y would i do that i have the same piping as one....unless u mean the type-r muffler but i have a feeling thats costly and this is going to be free

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
......y would i do that i have the same piping as one....unless u mean the type-r muffler but i have a feeling thats costly and this is going to be free
You have Type R piping? As in 2.25" mandrel-bent? The ITR muffler also flows 30% better.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the 2.25 piping straight piped....but not the bend......so everything besides the bend....

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
I have the 2.25 piping straight piped....but not the bend......so everything besides the bend....
It's ok. If through porting, agressive cams, wider piping, and increased compression you only get 25hp, the mandrel bends don't really do much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts