Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been having some second thoughts on the JDM ITR motor. Many people have been telling me to save the money and get the GSR engine, b/c it mods better. So my question this: Which is better to get GSR of the ITR engine. My plans for the engine is to go n/a as high as i can go, and after that a long time in the future to get it supercharged

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
If you were only going to do exhaust and intake and leave most everything stock, the ITR would be my choice. If your going to tear down the internals and do major work, why pay the extra money for the ITR engine? That would be wasted money IMO. If this is the case, get the GSR engine and build it up.

Reactions: kRazyTeg

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
the type r is sick straight out of the box....why spend money on a gsr,the type r is already ported and polished,high compression pistons, balanced crankshaft, dual valve springs,and is hand built...plus a great tranny.So if you are going to buy a gsr and do all that to it you will save money with the R and you know it is reliable..plus basic boltons I/H/E plus a good ecu...you will have a quick ride that is fun as hell screaming at 9000 rpm.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, sounds like id be spending all this money on mods only to get to the stock whp of a type-r....ok then thanks for the input

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hear people , rather see people ask these question all the time, buy what you can afford and good luck finding these motors anyways. Go with the type r if you can afford it. If you plan on doing basic modding i'd go wit that. If you plan on going FI go with the gsr.

Reactions: gsro11

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mr GSR said:
If you were only going to do exhaust and intake and leave most everything stock, the ITR would be my choice. If your going to tear down the internals and do major work, why pay the extra money for the ITR engine? That would be wasted money IMO. If this is the case, get the GSR engine and build it up.
Bingo.

It really depends on his plans. Why buy a type-r motor just to replace all the parts that make it better than the gsr?

bolt-ons= ITR
internal work= GSR

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i plan on bolt ons right now, then go with some stage 2 camshafts, bigger cams, hondata(or something like that) then maybe, maybe go Supercharge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts