Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new car and I've been serching for some integra gsrs. Well I found a 2000 gsr with intake and header back exhaust with only 50,000 miles on it for 9,000 bucks. But While looking at this same dealership they have a 2000 american integra type r (real) with a 108,000 miles on it for 13,000 it has intake and just a header not full exhaust. I need some input from somebody on trying to figure out what is the better deal. Any info will be much appreciated. :D

· Registered
195 Posts
type r's are more rare idk i like them more. i think they are cooler and they definately perform better. dont know a ton about it but i know there considered to be more legit

· Registered
4,633 Posts
If it's within your budget, grab the ITR. There are definitely better deals for GS-Rs out there, but it's up to you for how long you want to search, and what you're willing to pay for condition / vehicle history / current mods etc.

Mods will usually mean the car has been driven hard, but as long as regular maintenance has been kept up, these cars can take it. Before you purchase either, get a good history, and perform a compression test to make sure the motors are in good condition.

The Type-R is more strung out, and more of a race car for the road when compared to the GS-R. It's like comparing a new M3 to the new 330 Twin Turbo. Both good cars, both quick (in their segment), but you obviously know which one is the real race car out of the two.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Maybe he's in Canada. Prices are pretty crazy up here. Sold my mom's 98 d16y7 Civic for $7000 CAD...which was 7000 USD at the time (few months ago). ITRs are still usually above 20k.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
thats tarded
I buy a damn bimmer for that price
Yep. Thousands of Canadians have been flocking to the U.S. to buy cars because they're a good 15-20% cheaper in down there. Dealers up here had started to offer like $5000+ off the price to come closer to U.S. prices....but the new car prices are finally starting to drop...but used cars are still pretty high...which is awesome if you have an older Japanese car, but not if you're looking to purchase.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
the gsr is better for daily driving

the type r is better for the track.

the difference is in the suspension and chassis rigidity and lsd. the 20-25 difference isn't really noticeable in acceleration considering the gsr has smoother midrange. hell just putting type r cams in your gsr and some boltons and you'll more than compete hp wise. the way i look at it is this. if you're going to mod the cars get the gsr, if you're keeping them stock get the type r

· Registered
4,633 Posts
A Bone stock Type-R should be a good investment. Just look at what a 40 year old bone stock numbers matching 'Hemi Cuda brings in at Barrett-Jackson. That's right, the future of Barrett-Jackson is numbers matching stock mid 90s Hondas. Buy up your stock B-series motors now, and keep 'em in the basement for future sale to middle aged guys in 2045 wanting to build their rare-ass stock B18B powered Integra:hehe

For the record, I hate Barrett-Jackson just like most classic car enthusiasts....needlessly driving up muscle car prices so only rich fucks can ever hope to afford them.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
A Bone stock Type-R should be a good investment. Just look at what a 40 year old bone stock numbers matching 'Hemi Cuda brings in at Barrett-Jackson. That's right, the future of Barrett-Jackson is numbers matching stock mid 90s Hondas. Buy up your stock B-series motors now, and keep 'em in the basement for future sale to middle aged guys in 2045 wanting to build their rare-ass stock B18B powered Integra:hehe

For the record, I hate Barrett-Jackson just like most classic car enthusiasts....needlessly driving up muscle car prices so only rich fucks can ever hope to afford them.
:lol2..True though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.