Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game has already come out in Japan and my friend got a Japanese version(he has a Jap PS2) of it, but I've never played it. I was wondering if it will come out here in the U.S, but my buddy said it will never hit our shores. Does anyone know the truth if it will ever come here? thanx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
They should release it, its like free money for them. How much does it cost to manufacture a single disc? Like less than a buck for them? So the $29 profit has to go into someone's pockets. The economy needs it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
actually as of right now..there are no current plans to bring it stateside..but that doesn't mean they won't eventually
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Most of the cars are already in GT3.
I dont think they are bringing it over.
But like someone said, its easy money if they did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
BluLuder said:
Most of the cars are already in GT3.
I dont think they are bringing it over.
But like someone said, its easy money if they did.
Really? I thought all the cars in the game were based off the concepts at the Tokyo Auto Show? The only cars that GT3 had from the concept version were the RX-8 and 350Z i think. Then we have the new Integra Type R (RSX-R),the new R35 concept, and all these weird cars which were never in GT3. I wanna try out the Honda Dualnote, 400 HP sedan!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
I havent read a review in a while.
your right.. same courses but cars offered at the Auto Show. still cant find anything about it coming stateside.

"GT Concept obviously doesn't pack all this fun on top of the complete GT3 package
-- the low price is proof of that. It will feature just the concept cars, and apparently a
more limited selection of tracks as well (possibly just five -- the screens shown so
far feature Tokyo, Midfield, and several scenes too closely focused to give away the
track). Thus, this is more of a fans-only production than something aimed at the
wide audience that has embraced Gran Turismo worldwide. It should do remarkably
well for all that, though, considering the main source of GT's appeal -- more than the
superior driving, it's about the superior cars. " -ign.com
and theres an AWD Honda with 400Hp -sweeet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
They are also adding another track which we never saw in GT3 but it was in the older series. I think its Autumn ring or something. GT4 better have a shitload of new tracks, I got so sick of the ones in GT3, it got kinda boring. What happened to Pikes Peak? That was one of my favorite rally tracks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they should have new tracks for GT4 and also since it's coming out around 2005(?), that should be enough time to get all the 400+ cars there were in GT2 too..that's what I liked about GT2: variety of cars. On a side note, have you guys seen the screen shots for Auto Modellista?? It looks very promising with its anime-styled graphics..I really dig the Fear Effect and Jet Grind Radio type graphics.:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
Ruffryder said:
Yeah, they should have new tracks for GT4 and also since it's coming out around 2005(?), that should be enough time to get all the 400+ cars there were in GT2 too..that's what I liked about GT2: variety of cars. On a side note, have you guys seen the screen shots for Auto Modellista?? It looks very promising with its anime-styled graphics..I really dig the Fear Effect and Jet Grind Radio type graphics.:)
Wish we had control over it , I think they know people want the good stuff , but who knows if or what they have to pay to get them in......

Im guessing no matter old or new your licensing the image/form of the car from the company... So unless they are cool im sure each game they have to pay for the usage.....

If not they better get them in asap , with dvd storage they should be able to pack tons of crap in there.....i dont even care if the lude wasnt even that high on poly's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,756 Posts
I also heard concept isn't coming to the US.. my friend has the jap version. It's hard to play since I can't read it lol. :( :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,998 Posts
I made it through sega gt and tokyo extreme in japan....im sure you can make it through gt3's easier to navigate menus....

If not im sure you wont get bored of trial and error ;) Its hard to play games like shenmue though.....practically impossible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,756 Posts
mike_sho said:
I made it through sega gt and tokyo extreme in japan....im sure you can make it through gt3's easier to navigate menus....

If not im sure you wont get bored of trial and error ;) Its hard to play games like shenmue though.....practically impossible.
Yeah I was looking at menus and guessing, it wasn't too hard but still not too easy. :( :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top